BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

I’ve been as negative about Wednesday as anybody on here and rightly so with all crap that’s been going on at the club over the last few years.

But, I think Darren Moore is a decent appointment. Good guy, plays good football and will be decent for us in either division next season. I think we all need to get behind him and try and get a bit of positivity going instead of slating the appointment. 

• Like 2

From his press conference.  Delighted to hear words like free flowing football attacking front foot football. Helping players play freely.... sound full of energy and excited. 

FINALLY someone who at least doesn't seem to have a negative anti football philosophy!!!! Really Really Really  hope it works out. 

One neg from it on MR C sounds like agent messed us about over Shaw. How ever Chansiri  saying nobody was talking about giving him a contract before he got in the first team.... that's the whole point! We should know what we have before any body else does!!! Shows he has no idea what's going on with the achademy or the importance of signing up quality  young players!!!

Still we have a manager who someone's annoyed they lost who is talking about free flowing positive football!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 4

Thought there’d be an appointment today, but was surprised by this as it means DC will have to pay Donny for him. Good appointment though and should give the players a boost following the recent poor run. Also pleased that he has been able to bring in his own staff from day one. 

Good luck Darren and welcome to Hillsborough. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I hope so mate

But there's the Chairman in the mix still and his whacky ways

This is exactly the problem.

I really want to get behind Moore, but I can't help but wonder if it's worth it when we've had seven managers under DC (not including Thommo) and only two have made it past a year in charge.

29 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Well I’m surprised and pleased by this appointment. It makes a change to get a manager “on the way up” rather than one plummeting downwards towards a final payday. At least I hope DM continues to be on the up after we’ve done with him....

I also hope it is a sign of a change of approach from DC. Past performance from him isn’t promising though but I’ll try and focus on the positives on what is a rare good news day at S6 nowadays.

Agreed, I am also pleasantly suprised. Hope it's a turning point for us.

2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

This is exactly the problem.

I really want to get behind Moore, but I can't help but wonder if it's worth it when we've had seven managers under DC (not including Thommo) and only two have made it past a year in charge.

I hear you mate but we may as well get behind him. What’s the worst that can happen? We are probably going down new manager or no new manager so may as well get behind Moore. If we go down and at least try to play decent football then at least we have some to build on to make us think we can fight to get out of L1. If the miracle happens and we stay up then all is good!

A bit surprised by the appointment TBH.  Certainly on paper a much better appointment than many of the names bandied about.

I wish Darren Moore all the best as Wednesday manager.  A tough gig no doubt.

Just hope Chansiri gives Moore the freedom and autonomy to do his job.

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

“My ambition at the start of the season was to score 100 goals. When I left, we had 70 and there were still games left to play. I’m not saying we would have got the 100, but it outlines what the mentality was. The only way you do that is by playing open, expansive, attacking football”

He’ll do for me

4A6FEF89-2927-415A-A58D-6EF7397416C0.png

I love this sort of mentality, let the opposites worry about us not constantly the other way round

• Like 2

If he were to be replaces by Pardew, that would be 4 out 4 Baggies managers from their 17-18 season who've managed Wednesday.

Fingers crossed we're not talking about his replacement for years. Decent appointment on the face of it.

• Love 1

Pretty pleased with this appointment.

If we can stay up this season, we'll have a young, ambitious manager who seems to be well thought of in the game.

Maybe a clean slate for him as the last of the big player contracts expire (Rhodes, Reach etc).

A lot will depend on DC now. Obviously, not too optimistic on that score, but feel better about the club than I did yesterday.

I'd like to think that the Pulis appointment and the current league table has made DC question the wisdom of his 'advisors', but not holding my breath