BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

Moore on Megson

when they trained, they really trained. That team was relentless. Game after game, we were able to produce. A lot of that came from the manager Gary Megson – he never let up on us.

Sometimes you win a game and you can get lost in the moment. But with Gary, as soon as the game finished, it was done. Bang – on Monday morning we were back to it again. There was no hangover from the game; it was instant.

any lover of Megson will do for me 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Erm? Stuck to what promise? 

Come on Howson and co. Stop posting rubbish like this. 

Just a play on the fact he said he would take his time isn’t it,   Which he certainly has 

Wether it’s totally down to that fact, or there’s something else going off is anyone’s guess 

32 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Just a play on the fact he said he would take his time isn’t it,   Which he certainly has 

Wether it’s totally down to that fact, or there’s something else going off is anyone’s guess 

The wording seems deliberate to praise the chairman. As if we should be praising him for taking 10 weeks to make an appointment. We are now further from survival than we were when Pulis was sacked.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

Luton's third goal going in, having watched quite possibly the best 45 minutes of football from Wednesday all season, was the most crushing moment of the season for me.  So to go from that to this is surreal. 

I think it's a really exciting appointment.  Sure, there's a very strong chance that it won't work out for a variety of reasons, but there are no sure bets, especially where Wednesday are concerned.  For the first time in a long, long time I have to give Chansiri and the other Wednesday representatives involved some credit. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, wmb said:

Nice to see the club make a forward thinking and progressive appointment. It doesn't feel like a Chansiri appointment does it? 

The club has backed itself into a corner with manager recruitment. The earth is scorched as far as proven names go, so the path forward was always going to be either more punts on names from abroad, or poaching a lower league manager who could be convinced by the clubs “size” and name.

I’m really pleased with the Moore appointment. It’s a good, progressive move. But it obviously fits in with those expectations as an “up and comer”. Here’s hoping it works because the club doesn’t have many more of those cards to play. This feels like a really important appointment in the history of Sheffield Wednesday (so no pressure, Darren!) 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Ridiculous appointment. Nothing against the guy personally, but what has DC seen in his career so far to suggest that he can handle this job Believe me, this will end in tears, and quickly

I’m tipping this to work out well. Did ok at West Brom in Prem and Championship. Has Doncaster 6th in Lg1.Scored 47.  I’d settle for that next season given the state of SWFC right now. I’d have preferred Cook or Lowe but this works for me 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I’m tipping this to work out well. Did ok at West Brom in Prem and Championship. Has Doncaster 6th in Lg1.Scored 47.  I’d settle for that next season given the state of SWFC right now. I’d have preferred Cook or Lowe but this works for me 

It does make me laugh that a tiny percentage of fans seem to think we are going to get a multiple world cup winner. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

It does make me laugh that a tiny percentage of fans seem to think we are going to get a multiple world cup winner. 

Doesn’t need to be that though does it, look at Barnsley He’s steady, but perhaps not particularly inspiring

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/an-inevitability-but-a-deeply-sad-one-how-darren-moores-departure-from-doncaster-rovers-has-long-been-anticipated-3150228

Apologies if someone's already posted this - this implies that Moore turned down an approach from Salford in the autumn so a big pay cheque evidently isn't his main motivating factor.