BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

16 hours ago, poite said:

Darren Moore is a decent option and I'm not against it. 

But as someone on Radio Sheffield Football Heaven quite rightly said, how with our financial issues have we gone from only offering a very short term contract to Paul Cook to spending a significant sum to pay off Donny to get Darren Moore? 

This club is truly bizarre isn't isn't it 

Hmmm, somebody on Football Heaven quite rightly saying something????????????????

Well it had to happen sometime. Maybe they are the one.lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Pretty much every post I've seen has been positive for this appointment. Obviously there's a few attention seekers or pigs knocking it but on the whole DM has been welcomed with open arms. One day a manager will become our next legend. Hopefully it's Darren Moore. First job, just get the team playing with some enthusiasm and passion. 

This^^

1 hour ago, striker said:

As long as he gets us playing with the necessary effort and on the front foot, most fans will appreciate relegation is not his fault and will bank some goodwill with the fans going into next season. 

If we do play with effort, energy and attack, we also stand a chance of staying up. These players have it in them, just a case of being arsed. Now we have a permanent manager, many should be playing for their futures. 

Many have tried and failed. I wish him luck.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, prowl said:

Many have tried and failed. I wish him luck.

Agree, but maybe many had just given lip service to it. Jos, Monk were known to be defence  orientated, Bruce was pragmatic at best and Pulis a waste of space. The only one who made it work was Carlos in his first season, thereafter went negative.

If Moore is true to his beliefs, we could see some good football for a change next season once he has time to work on the squad. This season is needs must but still hope to see glimpses of a change in outlook.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Seems a solid, smart and forward thinking appointment. I'm happy with the appointment, as long as he's given time to implement a long term plan, it could be our best appointment in a long time. However, this is DC and Sheffield Wednesday, we never do anything sensible or long term. Good luck to him, he'll need it with our owner. 

I think the removal of salary caps in L1 will be key in this. He needs 2/3 years to build a team capable of playoffs in this league and that could start in this league ideally but also below. Stick with him for 2 or 3 years unless he really messes it up

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Adam said:

Moore is worth a go, something different and we needed a manager to give ourselves a chance of survival. Puliss was a absolute disgrace and his comments today have shown it wasn’t our owners fault. He is a terrible manager they was no offers like he said for other clubs he be wanting a bit of cash since holiday was cancelled an thought he could con his way to a few wins. The players saw through pulis for what he really was. 

I got the impression he regretted taking it on once he got here and his main answer was to buy more players on expensive wages to fire fight as Big Sam does which we couldn’t do. 

Having a manager feel like they are doing you a favour wares thin (Dave Jones) but not usually after 45 days!

It remains to be seen with Moore but when Brian Laws came here I was thinking it was another Chris Turner but he was really down to earth and got stuck in and you could see it was those simple things that build a bridge with fans. Making friends with the fan base can buy you a couple of extra bad results in the long run 

11 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think the removal of salary caps in L1 will be key in this. He needs 2/3 years to build a team capable of playoffs in this league and that could start in this league ideally but also below. Stick with him for 2 or 3 years unless he really messes it up

Those last couple of lines are key, someone’s got to be given time to build.

Hopefully it’s Darren Moore and he’s successful.

16 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Those last couple of lines are key, someone’s got to be given time to build.

Hopefully it’s Darren Moore and he’s successful.

Agree with this , I have a good feeling about this appointment, we've seen both Norwich and the pigs get back to back promotions from league 1 to the prem and not alot of money was spent either. no reason  why we couldn't do that under Moore. He needs time though to bring his own players in to suit the style he wants to play.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

I just hope he sets us up to try & win games.

I know it sounds a bit daft but barring Big Ron’s cameo & Carlos first season it feels like we have been set up for damage limitation since the Pleat days.

I like what he said in that article about the Championship.

Though admittedly at West Brom (where he was at the time) he had a better squad.

A league where you often have 24 or 48 hours to prepare for games.

A league where you can lose a dozen times... but still get promoted.

A league where draws don’t count for much – you need wins.

My ambition at the start of the season was to score 100 goals.

The only way you do that is by playing attacking football

Darren Moore on the English Championship

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Brilliant appointment, really excited to see what Moore can do, looks like a great manager and nice bloke. No way has chansiri brought him in till the end of the season iver, he would have picked a journeyman/foreign coach otherwise. Has his staff in place and both got good Cvs. I genuinely think moore could do good things here if given the chance.

On 01/03/2021 at 16:12, hirstyboywonder said:

Falling away?

They've had a bad spell, name a manager who hasn't. They are in 6th with games in hand on all around them, he has done well to get them anywhere near that with the comparative resources at that level.

Who were you expecting or hoping for? 

I’d be on the phone to Carlton Palmer 

in a heartbeat 

• Haha 1

On 01/03/2021 at 15:47, The Night-Owl said:

Fair enough but who were you expecting us to get in our state? I think he did quite well at West Brom and Doncaster, seems to be attack minded and seems to get results, whilst playing decent enough football.

A lot of us seemed to want Paul Cook, myself included, some of us would say they would've been underwhelmed by his appointment but we're a badly run club on the way to League One after embargoes and a points deduction.

Cook, I think would've been a good fit for us in our position but Moore is younger, his teams play similar and he's got a decent enough record. It could be a smart appointment if it's a long term appointment? 

Carlton Palmer 

Guest whowantstoberich
21 hours ago, poite said:

Darren Moore is a decent option and I'm not against it. 

But as someone on Radio Sheffield Football Heaven quite rightly said, how with our financial issues have we gone from only offering a very short term contract to Paul Cook to spending a significant sum to pay off Donny to get Darren Moore? 

This club is truly bizarre isn't isn't it 

PC is crap. DM is good.

From Guardian

With all due respect to Doncaster Rovers, I’m don’t know why they’re complaining so much that they have just lost their manager to my own once-great Sheffield Wednesday (yesterday’s News, Bits and Bobs). Since the start of the 2018-19 season, which I grant you feels like a very long time ago now, we have burned through managers like there’s no tomorrow. We have had (takes very deep breath) Jos Luhukay, Lee Bullen (caretaker but, quite frankly all our managers are caretaker managers these days), Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence (joint), Steve Bruce, Garry Monk, Tony Pulis, Neil Thompson and now Darren Moore. That’s one every 121.2 days, which suggests that if Rovers still want him they can expect him to take the half-hour journey back along the M18 or on the Transpennine Express shortly before 1 July” – Noble Francis.

• Haha 1