BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I like what he said in that article about the Championship.

Though admittedly at West Brom (where he was at the time) he had a better squad.

A league where you often have 24 or 48 hours to prepare for games.

A league where you can lose a dozen times... but still get promoted.

A league where draws don’t count for much – you need wins.

My ambition at the start of the season was to score 100 goals.

The only way you do that is by playing attacking football

Darren Moore on the English Championship

Moore has shown that he only goes out to win games. I think other teams won’t expect it and need to go on the front foot from the start. 

• Like 1

Great reading through some of comments lads hope your all well. Excited for tonight I really hope we get these 3 points, be interesting to see how we set up. Regarding the contract situation I am not 100% but I strongly believe he will be here next season whether we are in league 1 or championship. 

• Like 2

I'm a bit late to this party, but like most on here I'm really optimistic about this appointment. The only shame is that it took them 10 weeks when we really needed the decision making in early January alongside a couple of shrewd loan signings.

Moore was very harshly sacked by West Brom (he had an excellent record for the most part) and has been doing a fine job at Doncaster. Also seems like he is a positive, attack-minded manager who is on the up.

I haven't watched all of his interview either, but the answers I have seen strike me as very shrewd. Considering we have a thin-skinned Chairman who over-reacts to most things, he's played a straight bat to most of the questions - not trying to overly play to the audience like Pulis did. At the same time, he's been positive enough to keep the fans on board - not appearing too evasive like Jos. Obviously the first interview is in some ways the easiest - but have we finally managed to find a manager who can combine being good at his job, with being able to manage upwards and help influence our Chairman to build something approaching a long-term vision for the club? Hopefully something more centred around younger, more athletic player and a more positive and proactive football style.

But, I'll try not to get too carried away. Most managerial appointments end in failure. And I remember being optimistic about Paul Jewell / Chris Turner / Alan Irvine at the time (though it didn't last long).

Feeling very optimistic about this appointment going forward regardless of where we finish this season.

Being able to bring in his own coaching staff, particularly coaches who are themselves highly regarded is another positive.

As others have stated in hindsight it would have been better in January where we maybe could have used the loan market.  8 or 9 wins out of the remaining games needs to be the target.

Guest Hornsby

Wonder if he would give Bannon a new contract.

If so, what terms?

Brentford bid Jan but would they or others now if still on mega money?

When it comes to keeping us up, the money would have been better spent on bringing in a centre forward and a left back on loan In the longer term, he’s a steady hand who could be a good fit, whether we stay up or not. Let’s be honest here though, it’s likely that we will be rebuilding in league one, perhaps no bad thing, as I don’t think we’d have the budget for a championship rebuild. Signing a dozen players, which we might need to do, will be virtually impossible at championship level, but is perhaps doable in league one

3 hours ago, Hornsby said:

If so, what terms?

6 years Barry BANNAN has played for us and still........

4 hours ago, Hornsby said:

If so, what terms?

Bannan signed a new contract last week.

Guest T Hardy

I have an awful feeling that he will keep us up and then walk in the summer when he realises Chansiri won’t give him anything to spend.

Hope I’m wrong 

Guest Hornsby
58 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Bannan signed a new contract last week.

Strange, a few days before appointing a new manager who may not rate him.

Lets hope not our Rodwell.

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

6 years Barry BANNAN has played for us and still........

Bet you are fun at parties, when invited.

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Bet you are fun at parties, when invited.

Clearly not as much as you, with your eternal positive outlook and all......:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Strange, a few days before appointing a new manager who may not rate him.

Lets hope not our Rodwell.

1 hour ago, T Hardy said:

I have an awful feeling that he will keep us up and then walk in the summer when he realises Chansiri won’t give him anything to spend.

Hope I’m wrong 

i would take that now without a doubt

Darren is i hope a great success at our club ,But relegation or not  ,I Want assurances from Chansiri that Darren will be sole in charge of recruiting his own targets . Chansiri will have my backing if he at last admits his formula is not working , And tells us all ,Darren Moore is our manager ,As such he will have an agreed budget and he will recruit his own targets .Going down does not bother me after last week i thought we were down ,But the most important thing is having a correct structure to come back ,If Paxo is anywhere near our recruitment we have had it . But letting Darren Moore be in charge ,There is hope.