BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

Seems a solid, smart and forward thinking appointment. I'm happy with the appointment, as long as he's given time to implement a long term plan, it could be our best appointment in a long time. However, this is DC and Sheffield Wednesday, we never do anything sensible or long term. Good luck to him, he'll need it with our owner. 

• Like 2

More often than not you always look for the positives with a new managerial appointment and hope that this is the one that finally clicks? Don’t know why but this feels like the right appointment at the right time and the one that will get us and Chansiri out of the cart long term whether we are relegated this season or not?

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

More often than not you always look for the positives with a new managerial appointment and hope that this is the one that finally clicks? Don’t know why but this feels like the right appointment at the right time and the one that will get us and Chansiri out of the cart long term whether we are relegated this season or not?

I hope so mate

But there's the Chairman in the mix still and his whacky ways

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

“My ambition at the start of the season was to score 100 goals. When I left, we had 70 and there were still games left to play. I’m not saying we would have got the 100, but it outlines what the mentality was. The only way you do that is by playing open, expansive, attacking football”

He’ll do for me

4A6FEF89-2927-415A-A58D-6EF7397416C0.png

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

I’m very underwhelmed by this, not sure how you work out this is a positive appointment, donny are falling away and he’s got no real chance of keeping us up 

not overjoyed with excitement 

Fair enough but who were you expecting us to get in our state? I think he did quite well at West Brom and Doncaster, seems to be attack minded and seems to get results, whilst playing decent enough football.

A lot of us seemed to want Paul Cook, myself included, some of us would say they would've been underwhelmed by his appointment but we're a badly run club on the way to League One after embargoes and a points deduction.

Cook, I think would've been a good fit for us in our position but Moore is younger, his teams play similar and he's got a decent enough record. It could be a smart appointment if it's a long term appointment? 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Ridiculous appointment. Nothing against the guy personally, but what has DC seen in his career so far to suggest that he can handle this job Believe me, this will end in tears, and quickly

Well despite not being able to keep West Brom up, he took over a team that had lost 8 Premier League games in a row and picked up 11 points from his first 6 games in management. He then took them to 4th place in the Championship next season before they sacked him in a panic and failed to get promoted. 

He had a good season at Donny last season and was improving on that this season, to have them in the play-off places in that division is good work. 

I'm happy with this appointment. We should have acted much sooner but I am glad we have finally acted and also glad it is not some predictable past it out of work manager with links to our advisors. 

Lets get behind him.