BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

Just now, Skyline said:

So following on from DC's comments on Shaw, he is deffo going to Celtic?

There was the rumour he'd gone, then Bannan saying nothing is finalised, Lennon refusing to comment... but now seems like we know 100% he is off?

Looks like he's 100% gone yeah

Owlstalk Shop

33 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

I’m very underwhelmed by this, not sure how you work out this is a positive appointment, donny are falling away and he’s got no real chance of keeping us up 

not overjoyed with excitement 

Falling away?

They've had a bad spell, name a manager who hasn't. They are in 6th with games in hand on all around them, he has done well to get them anywhere near that with the comparative resources at that level.

Who were you expecting or hoping for? 

End of the day NO manager is guaranteed to be great or rubbish

Every manager working with a totally different group of players is an unknown quantity

Some can succeed

Some will surprise you by failing

Some will be average

Some will have succeeded purely on the back of riding on a group of footballers that just clicked and would do well regardless of the manager

Thats' football - no guarantees at all

And then there's the outside influences too like the Chairman and his 'input'

Nobody's record is really that relevant - especially when it comes to working here under these conditions

The positive I took from todays press conference though is that they seem to have clicked more than any other recent manager/chairman combo

To hear that there has been 'lots of funny laughs' on the interview call is positive

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Daizan10 said:

What Philosophy???

I am hoping it is something to do with this:

32 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

“My ambition at the start of the season was to score 100 goals. When I left, we had 70 and there were still games left to play. I’m not saying we would have got the 100, but it outlines what the mentality was. The only way you do that is by playing open, expansive, attacking football”

He’ll do for me

4A6FEF89-2927-415A-A58D-6EF7397416C0.png

Though that makes a complete mockery of the philosophy in terms of appointing Jos, Monk and Pulis. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

End of the day NO manager is guaranteed to be great or rubbish

Every manager working with a totally different group of players is an unknown quantity

Some can succeed

Some will surprise you by failing

Some will be average

Some will have succeeded purely on the back of riding on a group of footballers that just clicked and would do well regardless of the manager

Thats' football - no guarantees at all

And then there's the outside influences too like the Chairman and his 'input'

Nobody's record is really that relevant - especially when it comes to working here under these conditions

The positive I took from todays press conference though is that they seem to have clicked more than any other recent manager/chairman combo

To hear that there has been 'lots of funny laughs' on the interview call is positive

Finally appointing a manager who has earned plenty of praise for his work so far and one who seems to have a fresh approach compared to previous appointments, rather than letting things drift under a caretaker who had been given no assurances also has to be a positive. 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Finally appointing a manager who has earned plenty of praise for his work so far and one who seems to have a fresh approach compared to previous appointments, rather than letting things drift under a caretaker who had been given no assurances also has to be a positive. 

Also he's not one of the old guard merry go round names who just come in and 'meh'  for the chairmans £££ either

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Also he's not one of the old guard merry go round names who just come in and 'meh'  for the chairmans £££ either

👍

21 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Well despite not being able to keep West Brom up, he took over a team that had lost 8 Premier League games in a row and picked up 11 points from his first 6 games in management. He then took them to 4th place in the Championship next season before they sacked him in a panic and failed to get promoted. 

He had a good season at Donny last season and was improving on that this season, to have them in the play-off places in that division is good work. 

I'm happy with this appointment. We should have acted much sooner but I am glad we have finally acted and also glad it is not some predictable past it out of work manager with links to our advisors. 

Lets get behind him. 

15 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I am hoping it is something to do with this:

Though that makes a complete mockery of the philosophy in terms of appointing Jos, Monk and Pulis. 

If there is one thing (well, i say one) Chansiri could be criticised for its his scatter gun approach to the culture or philosophy. We are all over the place. His plan is whatever the guy he appointed at the time says it is. 

delighted with this ,completely out of the blue but gives me hope now for the future , even if we go down his experience in league 1 will be vital ,will have contacts and will have the respect of the supporters which is very important.  let darren more manage the club and let him get his own players in this summer and for gods sake sack the recruitment team. this whatever happens has put the breaks on our demise . our club  was like a plane pointing vertically downwards now its levelled off still might drop a bit but at least now there is hope of an upward surge in the future. upto yesterday i didnt even think the club would be around in 2 years . 

Edited by morganowl

Well I’m surprised and pleased by this appointment. It makes a change to get a manager “on the way up” rather than one plummeting downwards towards a final payday. At least I hope DM continues to be on the up after we’ve done with him....

I also hope it is a sign of a change of approach from DC. Past performance from him isn’t promising though but I’ll try and focus on the positives on what is a rare good news day at S6 nowadays.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Well I’m surprised and pleased by this appointment. It makes a change to get a manager “on the way up” rather than one plummeting downwards towards a final payday. At least I hope DM continues to be on the up after we’ve done with him....

I also hope it is a sign of a change of approach from DC. Past performance from him isn’t promising though but I’ll try and focus on the positives on what is a rare good news day at S6 nowadays.

Totally agree - I was never behind the Pulis appointment but like all managers who are at our club I will back them. DM is young up and coming and has earned his opportunity we need to back him and the team, leave the Chairman to oneside for at least till Thursday.

Guest wilyfox

Moore seems to be highly thought of within the game. I’m on the fence though. Our fate was always gonna be decided by this fickle group of players. DM is just the latest in a long line to try and motivate this core group. I hope he succeeds where others have failed, but I wouldn’t bank on it.