BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

12 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

And what qualifications and coaching background has Brunt got, genuine question.

He previously played for us so like Lee, Loovens, Semedo, Hutchinson etc he’s automatically qualified and the best man for the job.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Amazed and delighted by this. 
I think he’s here to take us up next year in all honesty. Jan was the time to appoint to stay up. 
He’s a much better manager than I thought we could attract. I hope it works out because he could be decent over the longer term. 
I know it’s irrelevant but it is nice to have a manager who looks like he could still fight our entire squad comfortably!

Welcome aboard Darren!

Spot on

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the monk said:

He took over a West Brom side which had players that were better than nearly all in the championship and were expected to be promoted ,it went pear shaped the next season  resulting in the club sacking a legend 

Hes started well at Donny playing apparently good football but they seem to be on the slide 

IMO I don't think he is a good appointment 

And as I said, I hope these words come back to bite me on the arris 

He had them 4th in the league in his first championship season when he left.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Seems like he’s a likeable guy, and exactly the type you want to succeed. He is probably a capable manager who could do a reasonable job until we could make a more inspirational appointment Not quite a Monk style appointment, as someone suggested earlier, but not a particularly inspirational one either. My thoughts are, he will struggle to match Thompson’s results, and we will be relegated. I’m sure, even if we are relegated, he will be given the task of overseeing our league one campaign We will bob around in mid table for a season or two, before he is sacked, and we start the whole process again

We are plodding along at 1.3 points per game under Thompson. Slightly better than before but not a target which is unbeatable.

I quite liked the idea of this when it was mentioned weeks ago. Doncaster were doing well and he seems a good guy and a decent talker. Could be the laws type we needed.

Didnt expect it to happen so it was a pleasant surprise this am. I expected an appointment of a random in the summer or Lowe if we went down.

Moore has experience at both levels so covers either eventuality 

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Had to make the change. Thompson was taking us down. Totally lost the plot.

Good luck to Darren. Our last chance. 

Lets (again!) hope for players in their obvious roles, a team ethic and a new manager bounce.

Not sure about that, Thompson had a near 50% win record, Moore will struggle to achieve that here, and he will likely to be the one who takes us down

5 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Amazed and delighted by this. 
I think he’s here to take us up next year in all honesty. Jan was the time to appoint to stay up. 
He’s a much better manager than I thought we could attract. I hope it works out because he could be decent over the longer term. 
I know it’s irrelevant but it is nice to have a manager who looks like he could still fight our entire squad comfortably!

Welcome aboard Darren!

Yeah, I said earlier I think it's forward planning for next year since he's currently managing at that level and knows the division. 

1 minute ago, Skyline said:

Pleased with this, actually.

He must be ******** mental though.

I don’t know. Think it’s a clever move from him. Been on a shocking run of form at Doncaster, a good chance to get out and start a fresh.

He seems a good bloke. Wish him the best. Incredibly tough job on his hands.

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

What is his preferred style of play ? 

(I don’t mean what can he do with our team players) 

4231 apparently.

Which won't work for us as we don't have a striker who can play that role.