BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

6 minutes ago, PeakOwl said:

Feels a little like the Monk appointment to me, when there were arguably better alternatives available. I’d have preferred Cook, who was available without the need to pay compensation and actually has some achievements on his managerial record.

Disagree totally, Monk's personality sucked the life out of the fans and the club which manifested itself in performances. Moore has a persona that the fans can rally behind and hopefully get a tune out of the players....we effectively have a 14 match season ahead of us....we need positivity

• Like 4

Good appointment on paper.

Was harshly relmoed at WBA, done well at Donny .

Let's see what the next chapter holds - just hope he can deal with Chansiri and his meddling ways.

Ready made knowkledge of League 1 IF we get relegated too..

9 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

He was known at West Brom as ‘Big Dave’ so this presents us with a quandary!

A few of my friends are Baggies fans and they are saying whatever we do, we should steer clear of bringing in Jones as his assistant, suggesting that perhaps we should bring in Chris Brunt as his assistant? 

And what qualifications and coaching background has Brunt got, genuine question.

Been practising for the job with his recent dismal run of form at Donny........................and allowed Max Watters to leave for nowt in summer  :biggrin:

Seriously..............................would have preferred Paul Cook but on the face of it a better appointment than Pulis and Monk.

I wish him luck......................he`s gonna need it cus all the other problems havent gone away.

Happy with this.

To get Donny in the playoffs is no small feat. He did well at West Brom too...not sure why he was sacked?

Plays good football apparently and has a strong character. Plus he is a young manager with high ambitions and he clearly isn't afraid of a battle...hes also brave.

Hope to god he gives us enough of a bounce to at least attempt survival and if not he knows league one well.

I think we may have dropped lucky with this appointment as he is someone I would have been happy with when the vacancy arose. Can’t help thinking it’s just another knee jerk reaction from the weekend and decision from a chairman and advisor who have absolutely no forward planning. 
Good luck Darren you are going to need every ounce of it. 
UTO