BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

2 minutes ago, Hedwig said:

Good appointment on paper.

Was harshly relmoed at WBA, done well at Donny .

Let's see what the next chapter holds - just hope he can deal with Chansiri and his meddling ways.

Ready made knowkledge of League 1 IF we get relegated too..

Yeah wouldn't you like to think this is forward long term planning in case the inevitable happens.

We as fans need to get 100% behind the him.

Great appointment, lets hope he has got a longer contract than just to the end of the season. Any manager needs time, hope he brings in his own coaching staff. Well done to Thompson for holding the fort in these difficult times. Now its up to the players to up their game

15 minutes ago, PeakOwl said:

Feels a little like the Monk appointment to me, when there were arguably better alternatives available. I’d have preferred Cook, who was available without the need to pay compensation and actually has some achievements on his managerial record.

All this clamour for cook , what is it about 10 clubs in the championship have sacked their manager this season and not one has gone in for him. Says something.

2 minutes ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

I think we may have dropped lucky with this appointment as he is someone I would have been happy with when the vacancy arose. Can’t help thinking it’s just another knee jerk reaction from the weekend and decision from a chairman and advisor who have absolutely no forward planning. 
Good luck Darren you are going to need every ounce of it. 
UTO

This surely has been planned , you wouldn't be able to get a manger out of his current club from us losing on sat to first thing Monday morning surely.

A warm personal welcome to Darren Moore. Unfortunately he gets the same players. The same sick bay. The same out of contract, not interested mob. The same Chairman and the transfer window is shut.

I like the forward planning for League 1, we can be the new Doncaster, small budget and kids and free signings.

I do hope I am wrong.....but I don’t think so.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

So his 46% win ratio over 126 games managed makes him a poor manager 

He took over a West Brom side which had players that were better than nearly all in the championship and were expected to be promoted ,it went pear shaped the next season  resulting in the club sacking a legend 

Hes started well at Donny playing apparently good football but they seem to be on the slide 

IMO I don't think he is a good appointment 

And as I said, I hope these words come back to bite me on the arris 

• Like 1