BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

15 minutes ago, 33 said:

Better than we might've expected.

Just hope he is allowed to manage.

Welcome to Hillsborough 

This is it really. 

Also hope he is given a chance to rebuild in League One if we are relegated. He's been throw in the deep end with a bunch of piranhas. 

Wow what a positive bit of news to start the week with. So glad we've got a manager sorted out now although I'm surprised he's left donny for us tbh. I've already written this season off now but he certainly has the credentials to for a promotion push next season. Well done SWFC for a positive appointment for once.

Seems like he’s a likeable guy, and exactly the type you want to succeed. He is probably a capable manager who could do a reasonable job until we could make a more inspirational appointment Not quite a Monk style appointment, as someone suggested earlier, but not a particularly inspirational one either. My thoughts are, he will struggle to match Thompson’s results, and we will be relegated. I’m sure, even if we are relegated, he will be given the task of overseeing our league one campaign We will bob around in mid table for a season or two, before he is sacked, and we start the whole process again

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, the monk said:

He took over a West Brom side which had players that were better than nearly all in the championship and were expected to be promoted ,it went pear shaped the next season  resulting in the club sacking a legend 

Hes started well at Donny playing apparently good football but they seem to be on the slide 

IMO I don't think he is a good appointment 

And as I said, I hope these words come back to bite me on the arris 

It didn't really go pear shaped. 

They sacked him when they were in the play offs and they ended up stacking promotion after they sacked him. 

• Like 1

Approach made Friday apparently

2 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

This surely has been planned , you wouldn't be able to get a manger out of his current club from us losing on sat to first thing Monday morning surely.

Approach made Friday, he was asked to think about it, fair play to Donny there. Must have either given permission or triggered a clause.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Seems like he’s a likeable guy, and exactly the type you want to succeed. He is probably a capable manager who could do a reasonable job until we could make a more inspirational appointment Not quite a Monk style appointment, as someone suggested earlier, but not a particularly inspirational one either. My thoughts are, he will struggle to match Thompson’s results, and we will be relegated. I’m sure, even if we are relegated, he will be given the task of overseeing our league one campaign We will bob around in mid table for a season or two, before he is sacked, and we start the whole process again

If only Pep was available eh. 

7 minutes ago, trev said:

Happy with this.

To get Donny in the playoffs is no small feat. He did well at West Brom too...not sure why he was sacked?

Plays good football apparently and has a strong character. Plus he is a young manager with high ambitions and he clearly isn't afraid of a battle...hes also brave.

Hope to god he gives us enough of a bounce to at least attempt survival and if not he knows league one well.

Must say to qualify for the play offs at the beginning of March is indeed no small feat!

3 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

This surely has been planned , you wouldn't be able to get a manger out of his current club from us losing on sat to first thing Monday morning surely.

Not so sure pal, huge transfers done on last day of transfer window, this is minuscule in comparison. I’m just sceptical now of everything that happens at our great club. 
UTO

Amazed and delighted by this. 
I think he’s here to take us up next year in all honesty. Jan was the time to appoint to stay up. 
He’s a much better manager than I thought we could attract. I hope it works out because he could be decent over the longer term. 
I know it’s irrelevant but it is nice to have a manager who looks like he could still fight our entire squad comfortably!

Welcome aboard Darren!

• Like 4

Had to make the change. Thompson was taking us down. Totally lost the plot.

Good luck to Darren. Our last chance. 

Lets (again!) hope for players in their obvious roles, a team ethic and a new manager bounce.

Just now, the monk said:

Must say to qualify for the play offs at the beginning of March is indeed no small feat!

2 thirds of the season is gone and they are 6th.

It's not like we are 5 games in.

He's done well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It didn't really go pear shaped. 

They sacked him when they were in the play offs and they ended up stacking promotion after they sacked him. 

As I said ,I hope I'm wrong and can actually start watching them again rather than doing other things