BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Have to say I'm underwhelmed, nothing against the guy personally, I'm sure he's a decent bloke, but I was hoping to get someone who could galvanise the fanbase.  Someone with few accomplishments on his CV.

This smacks of "Oh yeah I need to get a manager in". 

Who in their right mind (with those things you seek) would have taken the job at the moment? 

• Like 3

Have to say I'm underwhelmed, nothing against the guy personally, I'm sure he's a decent bloke, but I was hoping to get someone who could galvanise the fanbase.  Someone with few accomplishments on his CV.

Experience of the PL, Championship and League 1.

If we go down, which looks likely, seems like he would be the perfect appointment for the foreseeable future 

Young ..English ..manager...uses the loan market well.....donny only started losing when Ben Whitman left in January....Comes across well in interviews........Can see the fan base uniting behind Darren Moore ....... Big hard likeable bast##d !!!... Exactly what we’ve needed for years

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, steve simpson said:

I like the forward planning for League 1, we can be the new Doncaster, small budget and kids and free signings.

I do hope I am wrong.....but I don’t think so.

We have, in the fairly recent past, spent some fair amounts on 'failures'. Maybe the time hass come for us to show some faith in tsome of the 'kids' we have already got. My old man used to say often ' there's only one thing beats a good Old 'Un, and that's a 'good Young 'Un' Its not always true, but often worth a try. But if we did get some GYU's in,  wee've got to be prepared to give tem a run  and accept some disappointments. GYU's don't happen oernight, and we must persevere for a while.

To end, a note to  Grandad. I didn't have anyone in mind for Manager,I know sfa about Davies, and, despite him being a chhansiri appointment, I am prepared to back him FULLY until the season ends .At that point I will make my decision.

This^^^ I’m not hostile to the appointment, in the same way I was over the Pulis appointment, but it’s a bit of a nothing appointment Most are more than happy with it though, but then plenty were happy enough with our summer recruitment back then. I’m thinking this will be just as ineffective We will see

22 minutes ago, steve simpson said:

A warm personal welcome to Darren Moore. Unfortunately he gets the same players. The same sick bay. The same out of contract, not interested mob. The same Chairman and the transfer window is shut.

It's the managers job to deal with all of that

That's literally what a manager is supposed to do

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Clearly something has been going on in the background....loads of other choices that were 'out of a job' like Cook and Danny Cowley but we choose to take another clubs manager??

Bizarre move if I'm honest and even more bizarre for Moore as we could be swapping places with Donny ( if they manage to go up)

We need a manager but this for me is a strange move.