BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

6 minutes ago, PortlandOwl said:

Looks like the type of bloke you wouldn't mess with. Let's hope he can sort this shower out quickly and at least give us a shot at staying up. Good luck Darren, you're going to need it.

My thoughts, some of the slackers that play for us might suddenly find that their performances are 'challenged' in a more forthright way.... hopefully it's bye,bye to the holiday club we have been

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

He was known at West Brom as ‘Big Dave’ so this presents us with a quandary!

A few of my friends are Baggies fans and they are saying whatever we do, we should steer clear of bringing in Jones as his assistant, suggesting that perhaps we should bring in Chris Brunt as his assistant? 

Jamie Smith is coming as his assistant, apparently.

1 minute ago, PeakOwl said:

Feels a little like the Monk appointment to me, when there were arguably better alternatives available. I’d have preferred Cook, who was available without the need to pay compensation and actually has some achievements on his managerial record.

I'm not sure, I wanted us to appoint Cook, but for some reason Chansiri not keen. 

Given we're stuck with the idiot owner, important the manager can work with him. I like Moore, he's a good character, can play decent football and has a decent record to date. I accept he's not got the achievements of Cook, but still early in his career. I've seen enough from Moore to be optimistic and happy with this appointment.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, the monk said:

Hes got experience in league 1 because he was sacked at West Brom, he got that job because he was held in high regard as a player 

IMO he is not a good manager and is a poor appointment 

Good luck to him,  and I hope this post comes back to bite me on the Arris

So his 46% win ratio over 126 games managed makes him a poor manager 

Just now, LaughtonOwl said:

My Mrs (she knows DM well as she was his neighbour) and all her family and my best mate... let's just say 'not well!! 

Must be hard for them given they're currently in the playoffs

On the flip side he's only got a single point out of the last fifteeen!

Owlstalk Shop