BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Ridiculous appointment. Nothing against the guy personally, but what has DC seen in his career so far to suggest that he can handle this job Believe me, this will end in tears, and quickly

I concur my friend. 

I really don't see why anyone is getting excited with this. 

Il be behind him, but it's blind faith, nothing "moore"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

For those feeling underwhelmed,  how would you have felt if Coleman or Lambert or Adkins were announced this morning instead?

I want Chansiri out as much as the next fan,  but I can’t see how this is a negative appointment.  It’s clearly the best a club like us could achieve right now 

Time will tell if it’s misplaced but I feel quite excited by it. prior to this I was avoiding all Wednesday related news as it was like being hoofed in the knackers over and over again 

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Seems like he’s a likeable guy, and exactly the type you want to succeed. He is probably a capable manager who could do a reasonable job until we could make a more inspirational appointment Not quite a Monk style appointment, as someone suggested earlier, but not a particularly inspirational one either. My thoughts are, he will struggle to match Thompson’s results, and we will be relegated. I’m sure, even if we are relegated, he will be given the task of overseeing our league one campaign We will bob around in mid table for a season or two, before he is sacked, and we start the whole process again

A capable manager wouldn’t do that. 

3 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Danny Cowley is still in high demand he's just looking for a particular type of job. He's (bizarrely may I add) still getting linked with Championship jobs.

I think there's probably a million other managers who've taken the leap and it's worked out.

I think from Moore's perspective it's worth the risk. 

Time will tell mate but this needed to happen months ago ...I know we were linked but it went a bit cold.

I dunno maybe there are issues at Doncaster also forcing his hand...no idea.

Was an uncompromising defender, brilliant pro by all accounts.

Very level headed, intellectual individual who also seems to have genuine compassion. 

He will bring the best out of us, I'm confident of that.

Starting with Rotherham on Wednesday getting a thumping. 

Just now, TaxiMark said:

Time will tell mate but this needed to happen months ago ...I know we were linked but it went a bit cold.

I dunno maybe there are issues at Doncaster also forcing his hand...no idea.

I completely agree he should have got it months ago.

I do understand why he's taken it. Win Win for him IMO. Hopefully he gets some momentum and we can turn the corner. He strikes me as an inspiring guy to be around.