BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

May I make a plea to ALL Wednesdayites? Can we all suffer a complete loss ofmemory regarding Wednesday (Owner, Playing Staff, and especially fans) for a time, and get behind Darreen Davies , and the players, at least for the rest of the season.We have a new Manager. Let's at least give him the most important thing Wednesday have in their locker - The Backing of the Fans.

..jpg

• Haha 3

No brainer from both sides for me.

Young, well thought of manager who did pretty well at West Brom before achieving well at Donny. 

It's a no brainer for Moore as he gets a pop at a 'big club' with nothing to lose. We are 6 points adrift. His remit will be to keep us up but if he doesn't he won't be blamed. If Chansiri then replaces him he'll get another League one job easily.

I can see why he's taken it and i think it's the right appointment now for us. We need to unfortunately have one eye on League One and we've appointed a manager who has been managing down the road. He hardly has to settle in and find his coaching staff like Pulis had to do (and was massively underprepared for). Geography wise he's on the doorstep so the bedding in period should be quicker.

I wish him well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

DC has not gone for the cheap option and has gambled on an up-and-coming manager. Good move IMO.

I'm also impressed that DM has taken the job given the respective positions of Donny and ourselves, though no doubt he'll have had a decent pay rise, he might well have had more security at his former club.

Or Donny were on such a bad run he thought it was a good opportunity to go for higher wages? 

12 hours ago, Jamie said:

A few rumours about Darren Moore taking the Wednesday job has anyone else heard anything ?

Well, in retrospect, you were right on the money there as opposed to the first few ironic repliers to your post 😄

As for Moore in charge, best of luck to him, as I always wish any manager of ours, but it will be interesting to see how he performs with the burden of DC in charge at the top.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Personally I think Darren Moore has dropped a huge bolloçk leaving a club in the L1 play offs and agreeing to work with DC - it will probably end badly for him, but of course I hope I'm wrong.

I don't get that rationale at all. What's the worst that could happen? He gets sacked and he'd pick up a new League one job easily given his performances over the past two seasons. Alternatively he does well here and has a well paid job at a big club.

Sometimes it's worth taking a risk and from Moore's perspective I completely get it. Donny are doing well but he'd get another job like that easily. There's always an attraction to turning a sinking ship like ours around.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We’ve no idea really. Who’d have thought Pulis would have been such a failure given his record?

We just need to hope Moire and our squad gel, get some luck and build enough momentum to finish 21st. 

Here Here

1 minute ago, swfcGibbo said:

I don't get that rationale at all. What's the worst that could happen? He gets sacked and he'd pick up a new League one job easily given his performances over the past two seasons. Alternatively he does well here and has a well paid job at a big club.

Sometimes it's worth taking a risk and from Moore's perspective I completely get it. Donny are doing well but he'd get another job like that easily. There's always an attraction to turning a sinking ship like ours around.

What like the Danny Cowley?  Or like Dean Saunders did when he left Donny for Wolves? 

There's taking a risk and there is coming to SWFC with Chansiri in charge.

Like I said I wish him the best because he will need it here.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Must be hard for them given they're currently in the playoffs

On the flip side he's only got a single point out of the last fifteeen!

Since Whiteman went to Preston. You can't sell your best players and expect playoff form to continue. Key defenders out too....

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

What like the Danny Cowley?  Or like Dean Saunders did when he left Donny for Wolves? 

There's taking a risk and there is coming to SWFC with Chansiri in charge.

Like I said I wish him the best because he will need it here.

Danny Cowley is still in high demand he's just looking for a particular type of job. He's (bizarrely may I add) still getting linked with Championship jobs.

I think there's probably a million other managers who've taken the leap and it's worked out.

I think from Moore's perspective it's worth the risk.