BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

2 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Not a happy bunch are they but at least the large majority rated him and didn't want him to go.

One even wishing us good luck 🙊

Reveal hidden contents

Now is the time for all Wednesday fans to unite and get behind our new manager Darren Moore and despite the results of the coming matches support his decision making and cut him some slack. He’ll need time and if DC gives him that time I believe we could well have got ourselves a good, ambitious and young manager who could lead us to a good future. At last I think we can start to look forward.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Doncaster Rovers fans who know these things are saying Donny Rovers have recieved 'adequate compensation'

Yep! Haha six figure sum for him and his assistant. According to Dom. 

That will teach me for believing rumours and not reading about the appointment. 

I'll get mi coat. 

Darren Moore Managerial career

West Bromwich Albion 

On 2 April 2018, West Bromwich Albion manager Alan Pardew, was dismissed from his post after a run of poor results, leaving them bottom of the Premier League and ten points from safety.

Moore was then appointed as caretaker manager, taking charge of all current first team affairs until the end of the season. This made him the first ever Jamaican to manage in the Premier League.

Under his leadership, West Brom went undefeated in April, a run that included a 1–0 away win against Manchester United – handing the league title to United's arch-rivals Manchester City, in part earning Moore the Premier League Manager of the Month honour

However, West Brom were relegated from the Premier League later that day following Southampton's win against Swansea City, ending the club's eight-year tenure in the top-flight.

After much speculation over who would become the next permanent manager of West Bromwich Albion, on 18 May 2018, Moore was appointed as the permanent head coach, after impressing during his caretaker spell with the Baggies.

The Baggies walked into the new Championship season as firm favourites for promotion, and by Moore's time of departure, were sat in fourth place and in contention for qualification for the promotion play-offs.

On 9 March 2019, Moore was sacked by the club, after a negative string of home results.

James Shan temporarily replaced Moore in caretaker charge, leading them to the play-off semi-finals against eventual winners Aston Villa, suffering defeat.[29] Slaven Bilić was appointed as Moore's permanent successor in June 2019.

Doncaster Rovers

On 10 July 2019, Moore was appointed as the new manager of League One side Doncaster Rovers, replacing Grant McCann, who left to take charge of Hull City in the Championship.

Sheffield Wednesday

On 1 March 2021, Moore left Doncaster with them in the League One play-off positions to join Sheffield Wednesday, sitting inside the Championship relegation zone. 

Owlstalk Shop

Feels a little like the Monk appointment to me, when there were arguably better alternatives available. I’d have preferred Cook, who was available without the need to pay compensation and actually has some achievements on his managerial record.

He was known at West Brom as ‘Big Dave’ so this presents us with a quandary!

A few of my friends are Baggies fans and they are saying whatever we do, we should steer clear of bringing in Jones as his assistant, suggesting that perhaps we should bring in Chris Brunt as his assistant? 

The timing is, shall we say, suboptimal. 

It's almost certainly an appointment now to give us a shot at a promotion campaign in Div 3 next season. But a promotion campaign in Div 3 is what we shall need.

It would be odd not to be pleased about this one. It may or may not work, but there is enough evidence to think he is worth a punt, and it shows some ambition on both sides. I must say if I was manager of Doncaster, doing well at the moment, I would think twice before coming to Hillsborough.

There's no point in being continuously miserable about what is, after all, really a hobby. So let's be upbeat. There is a non-trivial chance that this is going to be a great appointment; that next year he'll get us promotion, and the year after we'll be pushing into the top half of the championship.