Bannan Injury

54 minutes ago, Jackie Sewell said:

Looked alright to me. Walked off, sat down, then did the lap with family without limping or looking in any discomfort. That run he did though was almost suicidal, half the length of the field at full pelt with two defenders all over him.

Fantastic run but unnecessary given the game was well won.

57 minutes ago, Jackie Sewell said:

Looked alright to me. Walked off, sat down, then did the lap with family without limping or looking in any discomfort. That run he did though was almost suicidal, half the length of the field at full pelt with two defenders all over him.

Yep.

We were all wincing as he carried on further and further up the pitch.

It just felt like a hamstring waiting to pop, didn't it?

4 hours ago, Horatio Hornblower said:

The play off spot was secured at the 60 minute mark.Was expecting to see Bannan and Gregory substituted to conserve energy and protect them from injuries but for some reason Moore kept them on until Bannan was subbed with 8 minutes to go. It’s these decisions and lack of foresight that I think DM really struggles with. Incredibly frustrating if Bannan did pick up an injury in the last few minutes. 

Complete horseshiit. Nice try though

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

Supported the Owls since 1966, there's only troll on here, if the cap fits mate.

And as for sage, you're not all that bright,

"There's only troll on here " and you accuse me of not being very bright 😒

F@@k right off troll .

3 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

I am to blame given I have thought all season how remarkable it is a player his age rarely gets injured when he is so central to everything. This is repayment for having the temerity to think such a thing. 

Negativity is much safer 😃

Well I hope you're happy with yourself

lol

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Don’t understand why Moore didn’t subBannan, luongo and Gregory on his trademark 60 minutes to save for play offs. 

To be fair if I had been in Moore’s position and thinking about protecting players, rock solid bannan would have been the last person I would have subbed. Especially with “biscuit legs” Luongo on the pitch and Gregory who’s had a least two or three injury spells this season.

• Like 2

Its certainly not Moore's fault that Bannans injury happened. Neither is it Bannans, you can get injured at any point of your life. 

Did bannan increase the risk of injury? Yes

Should moore have subbed him at 3-1 to reduce risk for our most infulential player? Yes

Simple really, fingers crossed its cramp. Hopefully as physios were stretching it on the pitch it isnt a hammy pull cause surely they wouldnt do it??

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

It’s the most Wednesday thing ever, our ever present talisman injured in last ten mins of a game we’d already won. Potentially costing us.

We might surprise ourselves but it would be a huge blow.

Nathan Broadhead got injured for Sunderland too 

It was a difficult one though taking him off when 3-1 and the game wasn't yet over. Once it was 4-1 the game was done but Bazza got injured before that, so no blame on Moore's part.

Going to be praying all week that Baz is back, would be gutted if he can't make the playoffs.

Though maybe missing both games, returning for the final and scoring the winner by a beauty would be pretty sweet.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

It was a difficult one though taking him off when 3-1 and the game wasn't yet over. Once it was 4-1 the game was done but Bazza got injured before that, so no blame on Moore's part.

Going to be praying all week that Baz is back, would be gutted if he can't make the playoffs.

Though maybe missing both games, returning for the final and scoring the winner by a beauty would be pretty sweet.

Plymouth we’re down to 10 men and 4-0 down!

• Like 1