Bannan Injury

30 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Apparently he’s gone for some cryogenic treatment tonight. It’s definitely not torn but is a bit sore. 

He's just tweeted saying see you all Friday too so fingers crossed I'm not reading too much into that!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

I see the Sunderland manager has just confirmed that despite only being 1-0 he knew they were in the play offs and therefore his sub of Stewart in the 73rd minute was to protect him for the play offs.

Small details and clear thinking from managers could be the difference.

He’d lost his main striker in the 12th minute, maybe that swayed his decision. Not sure why you chose not to mention that. UTO 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevelknievel said:

To be fair if I had been in Moore’s position and thinking about protecting players, rock solid bannan would have been the last person I would have subbed. Especially with “biscuit legs” Luongo on the pitch and Gregory who’s had a least two or three injury spells this season.

Stop it with the common sense posts Steve. UTO 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, swfc-dan said:

It was a difficult one though taking him off when 3-1 and the game wasn't yet over. Once it was 4-1 the game was done but Bazza got injured before that, so no blame on Moore's part.

Going to be praying all week that Baz is back, would be gutted if he can't make the playoffs.

Though maybe missing both games, returning for the final and scoring the winner by a beauty would be pretty sweet.

I would take that!

I don’t blame the manager as it’s easy only in hindsight. It’s just the kind of thing that has happened so many times, I’m thinking Windass pre season, Iorfa too. Hooper pre play offs in 2017, Antonio in a relegation run in, Maclean’s broken foot and then broken leg…Luongo never being injured til he came here. It’s in our DNA seemingly 

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

WHAAAAT THE FFOOOOKKKK

THEY ARE FREEZING HIM UNTIL THE FUTURE?

Don't panic, they're only freezing him until the first leg, they'll defrost him overnight on Thursday.

I thought everyone knew this, he's cryogenically frozen after each match, and defrosted for the next - how on earth do you think he's so quick, nimble and full of running at his age? He's not super human ffs.

• Haha 3