Bannan Injury

You know, there is always the possibility that he plays out the game against Pompey and is fine, only to then pick up the same injury against Sunderland this Friday.

Sounds like it was a strain or slight tear so fair chance it was going to happen at some point.

21 hours ago, geriatricowl said:

That is what he is all about,  Bannan is an exceptional player he never stops. Surely we would not want to change him.

I get what you are saying but there was no need to run the majority of the lenghth of the pitch in the 80th odd minute in the last game of the regular season at 4-1, knowing we are in the play offs. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

I get what you are saying but there was no need to run the majority of the lenghth of the pitch in the 80th odd minute in the last game of the regular season at 4-1, knowing we are in the play offs. 

Yeah a bit daft of him really.

Enthusiasm is great but there came a point in that game where self preservation should kick in... especially so given MK Dons were in total control of Plymouth.

He's been unreal this season and it would be a massive shame if he missed the finale.

We are lucky to have him in this division and haven't seen a player so committed to the club for a long time.

Fingers crossed for good news.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

It was 3-1 at the time but still agree it was an unnecessary run.

13 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Didn't we lose Luongo for a longer time because of a similar "unnecessary" thing? Stretching for the ball when the game was already in our pocket and final minutes ongoing. I understand the players work in the heat of the moment but it just sometimes bites back.

Edited by FinnishOwl

39 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Without any official word for 72 hours ( when they were giving him 24/48hrs ) makes me think he's a doubt and they're working to try to get him fit...

There is no way they are going to announce anything prior to the game - they won't want to give Sunderland any indication as to whether he is fit or not.

• Like 4

On 02/05/2022 at 21:27, McRightSide said:

I’m just waiting for the selfie outside that famous Spanish doctors office that treats all footballers whose legs have nearly fallen off

He'll have gone to that Serbian Doctor who uses horse placenta blood that Gerrard and a couple of others used years ago...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8371425.stm