Bannan Injury

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

He's not a Wednesday fan He's a troll and a a full weight ham shanker

Supported the Owls since 1966, there's only troll on here, if the cap fits mate.

And as for sage, you're not all that bright,

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

At best, he’s just tweaked his hamstring. 

This reaction to me was a bad sign. 

Again, hope im wrong but I just can’t see it. 

You can’t just strap up an injury like that and get on with it. 

AE663BDB-9182-4A73-9EBF-0E63A85933C3.jpeg

That doesn't look like cramp.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

At best, he’s just tweaked his hamstring. 

This reaction to me was a bad sign. 

Again, hope im wrong but I just can’t see it. 

You can’t just strap up an injury like that and get on with it. 

AE663BDB-9182-4A73-9EBF-0E63A85933C3.jpeg

To be fair I roll about worse than that when I get cramp in my big toe. 
I hope the waiting 48 hours to assess is just to upset Sunderland plans. Hopefully anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

In what way is being at home second an advantage? it makes no difference really, if anything you want to play at home first and get the lead before going away.

Definitely not worth risking players when Plymouth were 5-0 down

"The draw for the knockout stages of the Champions League has the group winners playing the first leg away from home," says Rupert Ward. "Is that a significant advantage?"

In theory it is favourable for sides to play away from home first: you know exactly what you have to do in front of your own fans and have home advantage if the tie goes to extra-time. But the statistics suggest there is not much in it. Since the Champions League first introduced two-legged knockout ties, in 1994-95, the team playing away from home in the first leg has got through to the next round 53% of the time: that equates to 36 out of the 68 games played.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Why is it crucial? In 2005 we finished 5th and 2016 we finished 6th, played at home first and made the final. 2017 we got 4th and played away first and didn't make the final. Its the opposite if anything

It is widely acknowledged that having the second leg at home is a big advantage, which is why this advantage is given to the teams that finish the highest. Or maybe, if your theory is right,  the powers that be are trying to disadvantage the best finishing teams.

Of course this doesn’t guarantee the win over two legs as your examples show, but I’d much rather NOT have to go to a raucous sellout Stadium of Light in the second leg.

Also, a huge proportion of our fan base would not be able to watch the final outcome unfold live due to limited ticket allocation at an away second leg.

Much better, to have the final say at a packed Hillsborough. I’m convinced, as maybe is DM which is why he made the correct decision not to take liberties at 3-1 & take off main players.

26 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Good point. Second leg isn’t that helpful if you’re first leg hasn’t done the job to some degree.

However, that second leg at brighton was awful and we could’ve had the tables turned quickly and I think brighton being at home second leg really gave them the ability to go for it. Going into the game in 2017 and at 1 up we really had it in our hands and in control but messed up big time. It felt good going into that game off the back of a draw. Rather than say going there needing to win.

I guess it depends how the first leg goes at the stadium of light. If we go there and lose by a couple of goals then it would feel a lot worse to be playing away first. If we get a result then it’s good. 

Personally I’d rather play home first and go for the win, then have a lead for the second leg. And also if we didn’t win for whatever reason have a second bite of the cherry in the away game where you know you have to go for it. 

I think the danger with the away game first is we’d probably all take a draw now so might approach it negatively which is basically what happened against Huddersfield as most said at the time it was ok and then play them at Hillsborough. After that second leg we were rueing not having a go first game as we didn’t get the win at home. 

2 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

I guess it depends how the first leg goes at the stadium of light. If we go there and lose by a couple of goals then it would feel a lot worse to be playing away first. If we get a result then it’s good. 

Personally I’d rather play home first and go for the win, then have a lead for the second leg. And also if we didn’t win for whatever reason have a second bite of the cherry in the away game where you know you have to go for it. 

I think the danger with the away game first is we’d probably all take a draw now so might approach it negatively which is basically what happened against Huddersfield as most said at the time it was ok and then play them at Hillsborough. After that second leg we were rueing not having a go first game as we didn’t get the win at home. 

Yeah, I think a lot is made of it but in short in either leg it can get away from you pretty quickly. I’d rather be chasing a win at home though if we did need one second leg and I suppose that is where the percieved minimal advantage/reward  comes from in the EFLs thinking.

I don’t think we will be negative as we haven’t set up that way for a long time. I think we will go there and try and win. But it’s going to put a few more grey hairs on me whatever the approach.😂

Just now, pachyderm said:

HOw badly is he hurt? Anyone ?

He was well enough to do a lap round the pitch with his daughter afterwards, no visible limp. I think he just overdid it doing a pitch long run, he ran most of the pitch with the ball and went down. Fingers crossed he will be fine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ArMozzers said:

He was well enough to do a lap round the pitch with his daughter afterwards, no visible limp. I think he just overdid it doing a pitch long run, he ran most of the pitch with the ball and went down. Fingers crossed he will be fine.

Thanks.

Long thread and I didn't want to spend the day looking through the nonsense.