Bannan Injury

Just now, bigthinrob said:

This game wasn’t won at 3-1 and making wholesale changes could have been management suicide if it had gone wrong.

Bang on (again - what's going on here? 🤣)

Same people looking to attack him for not subbing would have crucified him if he had and we'd conceded goals 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He has thought about it

And got us there

Despite some fans hating on anything and everything he does

And GUARANTEED they'd not be doing the same if it was Carlos or Megson making these decisions

You avoided my question! Answer it please, id like to hear you point of view on it.

51 minutes ago, marconi said:

Sorry but Moore at fault again.

Plymouth down to 10 men 3-0 down

Us 3-1 up. Play offs guaranteed.

Should have rested three key men after 45 mins. 

Bannan may play after all but needs protecting from himself.

Always a way to bake Moore.

Done a brilliant job 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Bang on (again - what's going on here? 🤣)

Same people looking to attack him for not subbing would have crucified him if he had and we'd conceded goals 

The fact Plymouth were getting mullered it didn't matter if Portsmouth equalised. Result was still we make the play offs.

1 minute ago, Brad_owl said:

The fact Plymouth were getting mullered it didn't matter if Portsmouth equalised. Result was still we make the play offs.

But you could point to any time Moore has made substitutions and lost points during matches where we were mullering sides and say that changing it was a horrific error

etc

Some fans need to stop shouting about what could and should have happened and instead celebrate what IS happening

85 points

53 points at home

In the playoffs

And heading for promotion

Thanks to Darren Moore 

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

Moore would have got hammered had we kit finished 4th and lost in the semi. They’d have just been some other straw to clutch at regarding Moore 

• Like 1

I think if Moore made big changes at half time and we lost or drew, the same people having a go at Moore would still be doing the same, but this time saying we have lost momentum going into the play offs or some other such crazy thinking.

• Like 3

It might be cramp, it might not.  Either way Moore's not going to come out half an hour after the game and say either way, that would be plain daft and just leaving himself open to more abuse if it didn't go the way he said.

Moore could have taken him off, he chose not to, that's what a manager has to do, make decisions. Personally I would have taken him off earlier but equally I'm not going to slate Moore for leaving him on. 

Just seems like searching for something to bash the manager with which, quite frankly, is a bit odd having just secured a playoff place in front of a packed Hillsborough with a convincing 4-1 over one of the divisions form teams.

But hey, we all celebrate in different ways I suppose.

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

But you could point to any time Moore has made substitutions and lost points during matches where we were mullering sides and say that changing it was a horrific error

etc

Some fans need to stop shouting about what could and should have happened and instead celebrate what IS happening

85 points

53 points at home

In the playoffs

And heading for promotion

Thanks to Darren Moore 

Thanks Darren and good luck in the play offs. Im rooting for you. 

I hope for all our sakes BB is good for the play off.

WAWAW

30 minutes ago, Miffed said:

so what happens if you take off Gregory, Hutchinson and Bannan and then Luongo, Byers and Johnson all get injured?

Moore can’t win 

Yes he can. 

In that scenario he’d played the percentages and lost.

In the current scenario he didn’t play the percentages and must be regretting it.

BAnnan walked off under his own steam and more importantly, looked fine in the after match celebrations. 
Also, very telling in my opinion was that by his body language, he didn’t look upset at all, which he would have been with a dodgy prognosis on the injury.

Cramp & playing games with the media ( and Sunderland).

• Like 1

I said this in the match day thread - Barry has an incredible fitness record, some folks are now acting like he is well known for going down injured/dodgy hamstring. If we had started, with say Windass, I would agree.  I cannot get my head around some of the thinking on here.

• Like 2