Bannan Injury

Just now, @owlstalk said:

QUESTION
Who would you rather have in charge of first team decisions on matchday:

1) Darren Moore who's just secured us 85 points in a season, and a playoff spot 

2) Jemmo Jemmo Jemmo 

Well, Jemmo Jemo Jemmo managed to miss an "m" of his middle name so.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

What's this no opinion-talk? Go home and sleep it off. 

You were informed by the matchday thread... you made a comment about it being 'called' at half time ! I've had a pint or two .. your opinion is fine but it's based on you're idea that you know better than DM, most of the squad and back room team. You can't sleep off stupidity or arrogance so I can't really suggest what you could do to stop talking claptrap lol 

• Haha 2

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Isn’t it always the case that people say they said ‘this & that’ always with hindsight and usually with no one to verify whether they DID say it or not.

Are you referring to when Bobby got shot in the shower in Dallas and JR said he didnt' do it?

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

32 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

I said this in the match day thread - Barry has an incredible fitness record, some folks are now acting like he is well known for going down injured/dodgy hamstring. If we had started, with say Windass, I would agree.  I cannot get my head around some of the thinking on here.

Spot on. And Moore has been slaughtered every time he’s subbed him because of the impact it has on the tempo. 

2 hours ago, Horatio Hornblower said:

The play off spot was secured at the 60 minute mark.Was expecting to see Bannan and Gregory substituted to conserve energy and protect them from injuries but for some reason Moore kept them on until Bannan was subbed with 8 minutes to go. It’s these decisions and lack of foresight that I think DM really struggles with. Incredibly frustrating if Bannan did pick up an injury in the last few minutes. 

And if he had substituted them and Portsmouth scored he'd have got pelters in here. Small margins

42 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Once again, at 3-1 the win isn't nailed on. A Portsmouth goal and suddenly we are in a battle we don't want to fight. At stake isn't a play off place. It's home advantage in the second leg.

In what way is being at home second an advantage? it makes no difference really, if anything you want to play at home first and get the lead before going away.

Definitely not worth risking players when Plymouth were 5-0 down

59 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

But not in 4th possibly, which in my opinion, is crucial.

Why is it crucial? In 2005 we finished 5th and 2016 we finished 6th, played at home first and made the final. 2017 we got 4th and played away first and didn't make the final. Its the opposite if anything

1 hour ago, Freshfish said:

You were informed by the matchday thread... you made a comment about it being 'called' at half time ! I've had a pint or two .. your opinion is fine but it's based on you're idea that you know better than DM, most of the squad and back room team. You can't sleep off stupidity or arrogance so I can't really suggest what you could do to stop talking claptrap lol 

Id say it is just common sense. 

Half your post is incoherent drivel and insinuates opinions are obviously not allowed. 

Embarrassing yourself calling me arrogant or stupid. 

1 hour ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Why is it crucial? In 2005 we finished 5th and 2016 we finished 6th, played at home first and made the final. 2017 we got 4th and played away first and didn't make the final. Its the opposite if anything

Good point. Second leg isn’t that helpful if you’re first leg hasn’t done the job to some degree.

However, that second leg at brighton was awful and we could’ve had the tables turned quickly and I think brighton being at home second leg really gave them the ability to go for it. Going into the game in 2017 and at 1 up we really had it in our hands and in control but messed up big time. It felt good going into that game off the back of a draw. Rather than say going there needing to win.

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

This game wasn’t won at 3-1 and making wholesale changes could have been management suicide if it had gone wrong.

With Plymouth a man and 3 goals down at the time the job was done.

Darren’s the man that makes the decisions and he has got us to where we need to be so we need to trust him. Personally I’d have liked Windass to have got a few more minutes second half and Gregory and Bannan to have been brought off and wrapped in cotton wool. Hopefully Bannan is alright and it’s just a bit of cramp