Bannan Injury

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Not really anything like it

Hooper had been out November - April and managed 90 minutes 3 times the entire season 

Bannan has made 45 starts and played 96% of our minutes this season

I mean I meant a key player doing his hamstring right before the play offs start and the ‘will he won’t he’ be fit conversation. 

I don’t understand why you even think I’m referring to the other 45 games and what they contributed respectively across the season? 

It’s fairly obvious their fitness records are polar opposites. 

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

I mean I meant a key player doing his hamstring right before the play offs start and the ‘will he won’t he’ be fit conversation. 

I don’t understand why you even think I’m referring to the other 45 games and what they contributed respectively across the season? 

It’s fairly obvious their fitness records are polar opposites. 

I guess you mean that the ill fortune which typically blights this club may have made a return.

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me...

lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dizzys Dad said:

13 pages, on an issue none of the posters know sweet FA about. 

So very “ Owlstalk”.

If you could leave us a list of stuff we are allowed to discuss on a Wednesday forum that would be great.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just watched the Byers Post match interview, Bannan came walking out of the tunnel behind them, walking pretty normal, just hope it was a bit of cramp and he's fit for the play offs 

(Right at the beginning of the interview)

• Like 3

I believe Bannan made a mistake, which is difficult to criticise him for. He's an experienced senior pro and club captain. There was no need for him to sprint the full length of the pitch at that point in the game, chasing a ball heading into the oppositions corner. If anyone should do it then it should have been a forward, but ideally we should have taken shape to defend them coming back. It's the players responsibility to manage their bodies over 90 minutes and he took a huge risk. He did it at MK Dons and got away with it.

The only reason is to show his desire to the fans, but not one of us can question that over the season.

The manager kept him on because he is our talisman, captain and has played virtually every minute of the season without injury concern, but he should be able to expect players to manage their bodies on the pitch.

I guess adrenalin got the better of him and I have my fingers crossed he's fit for Friday, because he is so massively important to the team and the way we play.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Sounds encouraging 

He is definitely not injured, but already Sunderland fans think he is!! 

I can imagine that Alex Neil will have BB man marked including using shithousery tactics which for this game with only one fit striker may be he will use them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrsHall said:

Haha..let Sunderland think he’s knackered … be a nice surprise for them. UTO.

why would sunderland be frightened of bannan? they beat us 5-0 with 9 shots on target with bannan having a very poor game at there place. i hope he is fit but every one of our 11 starters needs to have a good game ,sunderland will be a very intimidating place on fri night ,it will need strong characters that night . i have little expectations i find thats the best way so wont get too upset or disappointed .  we need harley dean to start 100% palmer dunkley johnson were the 3 defenders at there place dunkley came off injured but he was shocking against there front players before he came off and brennan was a rabbit  in the headlights . 

8 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

He is definitely not injured, but already Sunderland fans think he is!! 

I can imagine that Alex Neil will have BB man marked including using shithousery tactics which for this game with only one fit striker may be he will use them.

This ⬆️, big Darren playing mind games.....it will be interesting to see their approach if they are short up front

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, morganowl said:

why would sunderland be frightened of bannan? they beat us 5-0 with 9 shots on target with bannan having a very poor game at there place. i hope he is fit but every one of our 11 starters needs to have a good game ,sunderland will be a very intimidating place on fri night ,it will need strong characters that night . i have little expectations i find thats the best way so wont get too upset or disappointed .  we need harley dean to start 100% palmer dunkley johnson were the 3 defenders at there place dunkley came off injured but he was shocking against there front players before he came off and brennan was a rabbit  in the headlights . 

Maybe just maybe our squad was ravaged by covid and injuries and it was a freak result in our season.

We beat them 3-0 at Hillsborough when we werent as ravaged by injuries.

Storey Hutchinson and Palmer will be fine if Dean can't play.

And its their not there.

• Like 1

To all those moaning that Bazza should have been taken off at 60 minutes saying the game was over at that point,  just remember that Pompey hit the woodwork twice in the next 15 minutes. At that point the game was far from over.

Imagine the meltdown on here if they had gone in. DM would have been slaughtered for it. Seems to me no matter what he does, some on here will criticise him for it. Poor guy can't win. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

To all those moaning that Bazza should have been taken off at 60 minutes saying the game was over at that point,  just remember that Pompey hit the woodwork twice in the next 15 minutes. At that point the game was far from over.

Imagine the meltdown on here if they had gone in. DM would have been slaughtered for it. Seems to me no matter what he does, some on here will criticise him for it. Poor guy can't win. 

If we go up through the play offs he’ll get some reprieve - until we get battered 7-0 by Everton next season lol

• Haha 1