Saido Berahino

We need someone who could bang in 15-20 goals. Would rather have had someone more proven but this lad has the ability to do that at this level.

It's a gamble but one that's worth taking if it works out, as long as it's a year or so deal prove it sort of contract. You can't get many players with ability on frees.

Think he's coming here as a wide forward but can play through the middle too, so gives us options.

Those that are saying he could score 20 goals this season, he's only scored 48 goals in his whole career, and in the division above he has scored 5 goals.

It could finally click for him, and he could get his act together, but I personally don't think he'll be smashing 20 goals in.

Hope I'm wrong and he does.

It’s one where I’ll happily put my faith in Darren Moore.  Sounds like he’s maintained contact with Berahino and he’ll know deep down if he stands any chance of getting a tune out of him or not.

Being honest I’d completely forgotten he was still playing.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Thanks for pointing out we’re in League 1 and not the premier league. I hadn’t realised. I suggest that with Gregory, Kamberi & Patterson, plus Shodipo, Corbeneau and Windass we didn’t need to sign anyone else. Let alone a perennial under performer who has 3 convictions for drink driving, a ban for being a drug cheat & fathered three children by three different women in six weeks. 

Only a small point, but it was recreational drugs - he wasn't caught for cheating. Will still irk a lot of fans - who probably sang songs in the day about players smoking marijuana. 

• Like 2

To score 14 for west brom in the premier league is some going , yes that was one season but even scoring 5 in a year in the premier league isn’t bad . If he has the correct attitude he should score a hatful . He’s got pace and finishing ability. Moore knows what he’s doing and it’s a different Kind of striker . Isolating now until the weekend then full week of training before the Plymouth game( potentially on the bench ) if not the Shrewsbury game 

• Like 1

I said in one the threads he might be one of those players that needs a father figure like DM. Just watched interview with Ferdinand, and thats exactly  what he says. Didn’t realise how much he went through as a kid. Certainly seems have a good relationship with DM. Don’t think he would be here otherwise, and I think this could just be the right place and time to get his act together b

50 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Anyone judging him for the media articles that are being shared should have a listen to the Rio podcast and then form their own opinion vs just taking the gutter media as gospel

Personally not interested in the 'gutter media' chatter.  The 3 drink driving convictions more so.

• Like 1

I would be interested to know if there are any conditions in his contract about disciplinary matters. The club are taking a big risk on this player and it would seem prudent to ensure that if he causes issues, they can terminate his contract. I’m all for rehabilitation of offenders, but he needs to repay DM's and let’s not forget, Chansiri's faith in him, by delivering the goods on the pitch and toeing the line off it. 

17 minutes ago, Animis said:

It seems he had an horrific childhood in Africa and in Birmingham this may have influenced his behavior over the last 10 years.

As a Burundi international, will he be at the African Nations Cup throughout January?

They didn't qualify for the 2022 tournament so he will be available. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Personally not interested in the 'gutter media' chatter.  The 3 drink driving convictions more so.

Keep reading about these three dui offences, but having done a quick google search can only find reference to the London incident in 2019. He was given a 30 month ban for that. If this was in fact his third offence he would have been sent to prison  surely?(someone I know got three months for two charges almost ten years apart).

Can anyone shed light on the other two arrests?