Saido Berahino

People need to listen to Rio's pod cast. Very interesting. Listen to what is said about Johnson.  Sometimes things are not straight forward. I don't agree with the drink driving, who does. But DM is not daft. Maybe a good sighing. Uto

3 minutes ago, graz gp said:

People need to listen to Rio's pod cast. Very interesting. Listen to what is said about Johnson.  Sometimes things are not straight forward. I don't agree with the drink driving, who does. But DM is not daft. Maybe a good sighing. Uto

There's got to be a big reason why a club pay up a hefty contract just to be shot of someone.

• Love 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

17 goals since 2016. Not the ability we need when you factor in the negatives. . 

Where in league 1 not the premier league. Who do you suggest bearing in mind our current situation and the fact he needs to morally perfect. 

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Where in league 1 not the premier league. Who do you suggest bearing in mind our current situation and the fact he needs to morally perfect. 

Thanks for pointing out we’re in League 1 and not the premier league. I hadn’t realised. I suggest that with Gregory, Kamberi & Patterson, plus Shodipo, Corbeneau and Windass we didn’t need to sign anyone else. Let alone a perennial under performer who has 3 convictions for drink driving, a ban for being a drug cheat & fathered three children by three different women in six weeks. 

• Like 1

Maybe just use him for a season - nothing motivates people like him except being in trouble and needing money. They then suddenly start applying themselves but as soon as they are ok again they revert back to type …. So maybe useful for a season or two I would say 

Guest Willow Owl
35 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Thanks for pointing out we’re in League 1 and not the premier league. I hadn’t realised. I suggest that with Gregory, Kamberi & Patterson, plus Shodipo, Corbeneau and Windass we didn’t need to sign anyone else. Let alone a perennial under performer who has 3 convictions for drink driving, a ban for being a drug cheat & fathered three children by three different women in six weeks. 

I asked who you suggest we sign?

Heaven forbid that people judge him on his time at Hillsborough. 
Suppose we all can’t have a perfect moral compass.  

Saido Berahino could be an unreal signing at this level IF he can be arsed. I really hope he's not going to be another bizarre big money signing that makes a handful of appearances before disappearing off the face of the planet.

Edited by TrueOwl

Guest Willow Owl
8 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

I asked who you suggest we sign?

Heaven forbid that people judge him on his time at Hillsborough. 
Suppose we all can’t have a perfect moral compass.  

50 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Forgot to add that your list only contained 2 strikers

Would prefer it if we didn’t gamble when we really don’t need to. Could he be a divisive personality in the dressing room? Bring negative press to the club? 

Not really done anything since he was a teenager. It’ll hold my hand up if he proves me wrong, but it would have been a no from me. 

Good luck to him, though. And I hope he does well. 

Well, we are going to have to trust Darren Moore on this, but I'm not sure why we have risked this..we have a perfectly good set of strikers forvthis league.

Potentially, some hardworking player with a good attitude will have to make way for this guy .That's not going to do wonders for team moral.

I think sometimes managers get a bit arrogant and think they are the ones to finally suceed with a player where others have failed. 

Anyway, last time we signed a striker we didn't need ?  Jordan Rhodes...

• Like 1

This looks like the best opportunity SB has had to resurrect his career, possibly the best he'll ever get. One of the clear and obvious character traits in DM is his nurturing nature, a manager capable of connecting with players on a more human level. Not just a shouter and a baller. We've seen so many examples this transfer window of the manager being able to draw talent to the club on the back of how highly regarded he is as a person and a human being. I see only upside in this move because he could quite easily be the devastating cutting edge we need.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Noleafclover said:

Well people can moan and say he's not right for us but........it means nothing he's ours now. Time to back him. I hope he's proves himself. He obviously has talent. Good signing to me

Agreed.  I'm not enamoured with his past personal conduct but he's here now and I'll wait and see how he does now and in the future.