Saido Berahino

On 02/09/2021 at 18:18, legendaryswan said:

And if thats too expensive for ya, Ollie Watkins cost brentford a whopping 135k from Exeter, via smart recruitment of course.

Have you been hibernating all summer? We're not allowed to spend £135k. Free transfers and loan players only.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2021 at 11:37, WendyOK said:

Please listen to his Rio podcast interview.

He goes into proper detail. The blokes had a tough time, his dad died, he had to leave Africa at a young age, was playing at West Brom without speaking any English. Got held at gun point and robbed in London. 

He deserves his chance like anyone else. People are quick to comment on his ‘drink driving’ charges but they are not perfect themselves.  

He’s took a massive wage deduction and also rejected a championship club on a higher wage to come to SWFC as he wanted to play under Darren Moore. 

There is a player in there. You don’t score 14 goals in the premier league with no ability. He had a rough time at Stoke and it’s followed him round for his whole career. 

Give him his chance, and trust the Darren Moore process. 

He’s magic you know, Sadio Berahino. 

Well said. It's rare anyone breezes through life. 

Like Buddha says, there is suffering. 

Looking forward to seeing what he's about on the pitch. 

On 02/09/2021 at 00:15, legendaryswan said:

Id sooner wed took a chance on a player with a really good goals to games ratio. that fitted the team style, a hard trainer, looking to improve, not bothered what division he was in, played games consistently with a good injury profile,in the 21-24 age bracket, because we need to start scoring goals and develop good habits re recruitment.

I think this is my favourite post of the year.

Tremendous. 

On 02/09/2021 at 08:02, JackSWFC said:

And I’d quite like 3 gorgeous blonds to go at my crotch like a pack of hungry dogs, but no ones offering that for nowt either.

Just spoke to me dad's mates (Nigel, Craig and Gordon), all blond and well up for it, and it won't cost you a penny!

They're on there way to yours now mate! WAWAW

• Haha 5

On 01/09/2021 at 16:29, Paul.. said:

Considering how many players by the sounds of it signed specifically for Darren Moore, if we lose a couple of games and Moore gets the bullet we might be in trouble...

That’s what happened at Doncaster.

If he does well here and does a Bruce it could also apply. But still, I’d rather have a manager players want to play for 

1 hour ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Just spoke to me dad's mates (Nigel, Craig and Gordon), all blond and well up for it, and it won't cost you a penny!

They're on there way to yours now mate! WAWAW

I doubt they’re going to meet my standards of gorgeous…

I better get a few pints of ale in me first! Cheers mate, UTO!

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Well said. It's rare anyone breezes through life. 

Like Buddha says, there is suffering. 

Looking forward to seeing what he's about on the pitch. 

3 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

I think this is my favourite post of the year.

Tremendous. 

Do you think if Buddha does come, will he park the elephants?

Guest LondonOwl313
9 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Have you been hibernating all summer? We're not allowed to spend £135k. Free transfers and loan players only.

To be honest mate, with your posts you’re usually very thorough, methodical and factual.. with this though, how sure are we that we can’t spend anything at all.

It doesn’t look like it stands up to scrutiny to me. Why would the EFL not want us to spend anything, what would it achieve.. particularly if no restrictions on wages or loan fees. Also we’ve seen nothing reported officially.. I thought the source was Dom Howson who mentioned it once ages ago.

When you look at the business we’ve done, it’s hard to imagine that zero fees have been paid for all 14 players. Some were out of contract but others have been let go from their contracts by the selling club, some sort of deal has been done in some cases.

36 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It doesn’t look like it stands up to scrutiny to me. Why would the EFL not want us to spend anything, what would it achieve.. particularly if no restrictions on wages or loan fees. Also we’ve seen nothing reported officially.. I thought the source was Dom Howson who mentioned it once ages ago.

I think quite a few media outlets have said this. Why would the EFL not want us to spend anything? It's a punishment. Just like the transfer embargo was a punishment. They have done this to quite a few clubs. It isn't supposed to help us.

I don't know what sort of deal was done for the players - but I think for the loans we would normally pay a % of their wages. So isn't the BPF 'fee' just that we have front-loaded a contribution to his wages?

Forgive me if I was being a bit flippant, but the OP post was basically "why don't we sign a player worth £600k and sell him for £10 million a year later?". The equivalent of going into the tactics thread and saying "Why don't we just score 5 goals and not concede any, then we would be guaranteed to win?"