Saido Berahino

2 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

Staton just tweeted that Berahino turned down at least 1 championship offer on higher wages 

He’s also taken a wage cut to come to Wednesday. All because of Moore

I’m not sure in this signing and could easily go 1 of 2 ways

As others have said we have to trust the manager on this and hope the player sees this as a golden opportunity to play for a manager who he trusts 

One thing's for sure, the players really trust and must like Darren Moore. Seems to have a great reputation as a manager to play for, despite still being early in his managerial career. Definitely a big benefit to have.

2 hours ago, WendyOK said:

Please listen to his Rio podcast interview.

He goes into proper detail. The blokes had a tough time, his dad died, he had to leave Africa at a young age, was playing at West Brom without speaking any English. Got held at gun point and robbed in London. 

He deserves his chance like anyone else. People are quick to comment on his ‘drink driving’ charges but they are not perfect themselves.  

He’s took a massive wage deduction and also rejected a championship club on a higher wage to come to SWFC as he wanted to play under Darren Moore. 

There is a player in there. You don’t score 14 goals in the premier league with no ability. He had a rough time at Stoke and it’s followed him round for his whole career. 

Give him his chance, and trust the Darren Moore process. 

He’s magic you know, Sadio Berahino. 

I listened too and he clearly wanted another chance to play in England again. This is his chance, muck it up and he's out the door and likely blown any chance of making it over here. Do well and he can fire us to promotion and restore his reputation again. 

I actually think it's a fairly low risk/high reward move. He's not on big wages here. Not sure on the length of the deal yet though?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

One thing's for sure, the players really trust and must like Darren Moore. Seems to have a great reputation as a manager to play for, despite still being early in his managerial career. Definitely a big benefit to have.

I listened too and he clearly wanted another chance to play in England again. This is his chance, muck it up and he's out the door and likely blown any chance of making it over here. Do well and he can fire us to promotion and restore his reputation again. 

I actually think it's a fairly low risk/high reward move. He's not on big wages here. Not sure on the length of the deal yet though?

There's always someone who will take him on at the right money. Football is like that. No morals if they might get an advantage.

I'm not saying that is the case with Moore, he comes across as that rare breed, a football manager with integrity, compassion and basic honesty. That's just about unique from what I can see. He's almost too good to be true. Enjoy it while it lasts because I can see him getting poached at some stage if we don't go up.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Cheers. Could only find the one. Surprising he only got a 30 month ban for a third offence though?

Where does he fit into our formation? I can't see where personally?

He is not a lone striker and won't be as good as Gregory in that role.  He is not as good as some of our other wide forwards.

Once Windass is fit he is a certain starter on one of the flanks and then we have Shodipo also who scored over 10 goals from the wing last season. Not to mention the others.

He is an impact player at best.

8 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Considering how many players by the sounds of it signed specifically for Darren Moore, if we lose a couple of games and Moore gets the bullet we might be in trouble...

Don’t think there’s much danger of that myself. Over the years, DC has usually been happy to give managers plenty of time, arguably too much time in some cases (aside from Pulis… who knows what went off there), and it sounds like him and Moore have a good relationship 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

Don’t think there’s much danger of that myself. Over the years, DC has usually been happy to give managers plenty of time, arguably too much time in some cases (aside from Pulis… who knows what went off there), and it sounds like him and Moore have a good relationship 

Yeah I don't think it'll happen either, just thinking out loud 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Where does he fit into our formation? I can't see where personally?

He is not a lone striker and won't be as good as Gregory in that role.  He is not as good as some of our other wide forwards.

Once Windass is fit he is a certain starter on one of the flanks and then we have Shodipo also who scored over 10 goals from the wing last season. Not to mention the others.

He is an impact player at best.

If, Big IF, he's still got it he will be the best player we have got. Better than Windass by a country mile. The guy had a lot of talent.

It all depends on how hard he wants to work, there have been 'waster' comments and he doesn't get a lot of respect from many ex team mates. If he wants to apply himself he should be at the peak of his abilities. We could have a front 3 to smash this league.

• Like 1

Id sooner wed took a chance on a player with a really good goals to games ratio. that fitted the team style, a hard trainer, looking to improve, not bothered what division he was in, played games consistently with a good injury profile,in the 21-24 age bracket, because we need to start scoring goals and develop good habits re recruitment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Id sooner wed took a chance on a player with a really good goals to games ratio. that fitted the team style, a hard trainer, looking to improve, not bothered what division he was in, played games consistently with a good injury profile,in the 21-24 age bracket, because we need to start scoring goals and develop good habits re recruitment.

I agree. And £10 million ought to get us one of those.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Plonk said:

Again not saying right or wrong but anyone can post on wiki. Doesn’t mean it’s correct. Can only find reference to the 2019 conviction on line. And as per my previous post 30 months ban for a third offence just doesn’t make sense. Would almost certainly have been prison

Isn’t it funny how certain millionaires can avoid doing time behind bars.

15 hours ago, Paul.. said:

Considering how many players by the sounds of it signed specifically for Darren Moore, if we lose a couple of games and Moore gets the bullet we might be in trouble...

If DC has any sense (yeah debatable I know), Moore won’t be sacked anytime soon.

He’s an average manager.  But realistically, Moore is probably one of the better managers in League One.