Next manager odds

10 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Not sure if true but apparently the shortlist is Fink, Jemez and Morais according to the Sun today.  

I’d be happy with Fink and Jemez but not sure about Morais due to his time down the road. 

Morais is mental. We simply cannot employ him in any capacity. I wouldn't trust him to pick the right kit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Can’t fathom out why Cook is getting spoken to and favorite, yet 50 days ago he was never approached. 

I heard from v reputable person that last time both Pulis and Cook were asked by the club to apply - both did but Cook never got a call back

Looking at the contenders. Here’s my current take.

Cook - Not as Sold on him as a lot are. Good record in the lower leagues (Where we might be heading again?). Held his own in this league to a certain extent but even though his remit initially would be to keep us up, the Chairman and the Fans even those who really want him would expect more in the long term.

Cowley - Will always be a legend and rightly so in Lincoln. To keep Huddersfield up last season wasn’t a bad achievement. I think he inherited something of a lost cause in the way Michael O’Neill did at Stoke. We’ll never know if he would’ve progressed them like O’Neill has Stoke. Personally I think amongst the current group of players there would be too much questioning of his methods ala Pulis?

Fink - Has a chequered CV but so have many that we will be able to attract. Worked in several countries at Good Clubs. It could easily be a case of it being a good fit for both and German Coaches in the main have had success at this level, Wagner and Farke spring to mind. Probably the best of the currently being considered foreign options.

Morais - Obviously a good experienced coach given his cv but not many understandably will be able to look beyond his failed championship excursion with Barnsley.

Jemez - Three years ago he might have been the right choice. He would be two much of a risk now given his up and at em style of play. We would undoubtedly go down if we played this way with our current squad of players. The only real ball playing centre half we have at the moment is Borner with Iorfa out for the season and I very much doubt we have the full-backs to play this way?

Thompson - A risk but potentially the less risky of the six contenders. The new manager bounce could easily rub off as quickly as it’s appeared. As I’ve said countless times before he knows the squad, particularly the young players plus the reinstatement of Bullen with the first team however questionable is arguably having a positive effect. IMO these two have as good a chance as any and perhaps better than most of keeping us up and that is the priority at the moment.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Just looked at latest odds on BetVictor.

Joint 2nd favourite at 6/1.............

Bruno Baltazar !!!!

Who the feck is Bruno Baltazar.WTF:

Of course I've obviously googled him. If he is under consideration I would be amazed.

Well I would be amazed if we were owned by anyone else.:wacko:

11 jobs in 10 years. Including assistant manager of the Phillipines. 

Sorry if already covered, does anyone know how new work permit would work for foreign coaches? I mean it’s hardly an essential industry, and as all coaches require qualification/badges to coach how do you argue that the foreign coach is preferential to unemployed British coach? 

I thought with Brexit we’d see a return to more British based recruitment (especially for lower league clubs) both for managers and players alike. 

24 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Sorry if already covered, does anyone know how new work permit would work for foreign coaches? I mean it’s hardly an essential industry, and as all coaches require qualification/badges to coach how do you argue that the foreign coach is preferential to unemployed British coach? 

I thought with Brexit we’d see a return to more British based recruitment (especially for lower league clubs) both for managers and players alike. 

"The qualifying criteria for managers are simpler than those for players: 24 months consecutively or 36 months over the past five years working in any competition from band 1 to band 5. You also need a Uefa Pro licence and proof your English is good enough to, among other things, “describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans”.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/28/football-and-brexit-a-guide-to-the-new-rules

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/dec/01/gbe-points-based-system-launched-011220

• Love 1

12 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Just looked at latest odds on BetVictor.

Joint 2nd favourite at 6/1.............

Bruno Baltazar !!!!

Who the feck is Bruno Baltazar.WTF:

Of course I've obviously googled him. If he is under consideration I would be amazed.

Well I would be amazed if we were owned by anyone else.:wacko:

Bruno would be assistant to Morias, I think.

8 minutes ago, marshy said:

Roland been contacted according to stir, don't think I could stand it if it went belly up. Fans would certainly give him time, but chairman may not.

Anyone know what he said? I couldn't get into the Star website without telling them my life story.

10 minutes ago, marshy said:

Roland been contacted according to stir, don't think I could stand it if it went belly up. Fans would certainly give him time, but chairman may not.

Don't do it Roland. I don't want to see a genuine club legend used as a sacrificial lamb. 

• Like 1

Nilsson has two years left to run on his IFK contract and confirmed while he is not one of the managers to have yet been sounded-out by Wednesday this time, reiterated that it is a job he would take interest in sometime in the future.

Speaking exclusively to The Star, Nilsson said: “There have always been rumours. You never know what is going to happen in your training or coaching career.

“It’s one of those, but of course, when you’ve been to a club like Sheffield Wednesday, you always want to be there. You want to coach a club like that.

“In the future I’d love to come back and coach Sheffield Wednesday but at the moment I’m enjoying life with IFK.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Don't do it Roland. I don't want to see a genuine club legend used as a sacrificial lamb. 

He could be our Chris Wilder just without the odious arrogance on the way up and the massive implosion leading to national embarrassment at the end of it all.

I think I’m with you though. Rarely does it work out well. Stay a legend and steer well clear.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Looking at the contenders. Here’s my current take.

Cook - Not as Sold on him as a lot are. Good record in the lower leagues (Where we might be heading again?). Held his own in this league to a certain extent but even though his remit initially would be to keep us up, the Chairman and the Fans even those who really want him would expect more in the long term.

Cowley - Will always be a legend and rightly so in Lincoln. To keep Huddersfield up last season wasn’t a bad achievement. I think he inherited something of a lost cause in the way Michael O’Neill did at Stoke. We’ll never know if he would’ve progressed them like O’Neill has Stoke. Personally I think amongst the current group of players there would be too much questioning of his methods ala Pulis?

Fink - Has a chequered CV but so have many that we will be able to attract. Worked in several countries at Good Clubs. It could easily be a case of it being a good fit for both and German Coaches in the main have had success at this level, Wagner and Farke spring to mind. Probably the best of the currently being considered foreign options.

Morais - Obviously a good experienced coach given his cv but not many understandably will be able to look beyond his failed championship excursion with Barnsley.

Jemez - Three years ago he might have been the right choice. He would be two much of a risk now given his up and at em style of play. We would undoubtedly go down if we played this way with our current squad of players. The only real ball playing centre half we have at the moment is Borner with Iorfa out for the season and I very much doubt we have the full-backs to play this way?

Thompson - A risk but potentially the less risky of the six contenders. The new manager bounce could easily rub off as quickly as it’s appeared. As I’ve said countless times before he knows the squad, particularly the young players plus the reinstatement of Bullen with the first team however questionable is arguably having a positive effect. IMO these two have as good a chance as any and perhaps better than most of keeping us up and that is the priority at the moment.

Other important factor is cost. Thompson would be cheap, so might give him to end of the season.