Next manager odds

On 03/01/2021 at 10:35, striker said:

If that's the shortlist, plus Cook, between Fink and Cook for me. 

Wouldn't touch Morais with a shitty stick.

Jemez is interesting, certainly fits the brief of attacking football, but thought of as naive at the highest level. Suppose as we aren't at the highest level, what would all out attack look like in the championship. I think it could stand a chance, but not with these players half way through a season. 

Cook has already been debated, IMO a credible candidate.

Fink is the 'name' on the list due to his playing career. Some success in management, managed at European level, but at clubs in weaker European leagues. Recent cup wins in Japan managing top players, but league success there  not so positive.

I wouldn't be disappointed with either Cook or Fink, Cook the more pragmatic sensible appointment. Fink potentially more exciting of the two.

I dread to think what all out attack would look like with our players. We would need a completely new attacking line up,  that would be expensive and we don 't have a pot to P in. If DC is in charge of recruitment we will never have a decent attack.

Jemez strikes me as a car crash appointment, we would go down.

Marais, no thanks. 

Cook, matbe, I'm not convinced but he's the best of this bunch.

Fink, has some pedigree, I just don't know enough about him to comment.

I just wish DC wasn't in charge of this appointment, (or this club if I'm honest) and I wish Piaxao wasn't DC's advisor.

It is what it is, maybe if we go down DC will decide he isn't cut out to own a football club. Knowing our luck he will decide he's got to get us back to the Championship and we will go down again.

All the joys of being an owls fan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, prowl said:

I dread to think what all out attack would look like with our players. We would need a completely new attacking line up,  that would be expensive and we don 't have a pot to P in. If DC is in charge of recruitment we will never have a decent attack.

Jemez strikes me as a car crash appointment, we would go down.

Marais, no thanks. 

Cook, matbe, I'm not convinced but he's the best of this bunch.

Fink, has some pedigree, I just don't know enough about him to comment.

I just wish DC wasn't in charge of this appointment, (or this club if I'm honest) and I wish Piaxao wasn't DC's advisor.

It is what it is, maybe if we go down DC will decide he isn't cut out to own a football club. Knowing our luck he will decide he's got to get us back to the Championship and we will go down again.

All the joys of being an owls fan.

This is our problem, Chansiri and piaxo(dumb and dumber), nobody can work out what they're likely to do next. Any new manager no matter how experienced eg Pulis, will not have experienced working with a set up like we currently have. All I can say is whoever gets the job and I hope its Cook, I wish you the best of luck because you'll bloody need it. 

16 hours ago, gizowl said:

This is our problem, Chansiri and piaxo(dumb and dumber), nobody can work out what they're likely to do next. Any new manager no matter how experienced eg Pulis, will not have experienced working with a set up like we currently have. All I can say is whoever gets the job and I hope its Cook, I wish you the best of luck because you'll bloody need it. 

202936204_image(6).png.e15e81af7345228bc084ff04c5a13b0e.png

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yep we are following in Leeds footsteps aren’t we,   before Bielsa they hired 11 average managers in 4 years and they wondered why it didn’t work out. 

True. The problem is that we’ve no chance of attracting a Bielsa. We’re not high-profile enough.

Guest Mcguigan
3 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

How much u  putting on? 

£10

Bradford fan I know reckons one of his back room staff who stayed at the club he was sacked from, is on the move. Follows Parkinson everywhere.

Sheffield lad as well, I think.

Probably nowt but worth a tenner at 40/1.

Guest Mcguigan
11 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yep we are following in Leeds footsteps aren’t we,   before Bielsa they hired 11 average managers in 4 years and they wondered why it didn’t work out. 

11 in 10 years same as us funnily enough.

13 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

True. The problem is that we’ve no chance of attracting a Bielsa. We’re not high-profile enough.

Yes Leeds are a bigger name, but they were a midtable team and previous managers were Heckingbottom, Monk and Evans.  So Bielsa wasn’t exactly joining a force at the time.  One thing I find interesting is lots of owls fans are saying it’s too risky to hire a manager with a unique playing style at this stage.  But if we hire more of the same, that’s exactly what we will get until we stop the trend.   Carlos was the last coach who liked to play possession football and that’s the last time we enjoyed watching the side too.  

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes Leeds are a bigger name, but they were a midtable team and previous managers were Heckingbottom, Monk and Evans.  So Bielsa wasn’t exactly joining a force at the time.  One thing I find interesting is lots of owls fans are saying it’s too risky to hire a manager with a unique playing style at this stage.  But if we hire more of the same, that’s exactly what we will get until we stop the trend.   Carlos was the last coach who liked to play possession football and that’s the last time we enjoyed watching the side too.  

I take your point.

The problem for me is the standard of our players.

Were Bielsa here, for instance, we'd be relegated playing his style.

I take your point about Carlos too, but we'd a much better team then.

For me this season is about staying up by whatever means possible.

If we can achieve that, then maybe we can aspire to something better later.

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Mick McCarthy now available. A credible candidate of the stature of Bruce.

Would he work with Chansiri, I'm not sure. 

Zero chance , plus Chansiri will never have heard of him or understand him.

• Haha 2

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Considering the random names added to this thread, I’ll add another.

What about Željko Buvač? Klopp’s right hand man at Mainz, Dortmund and Liverpool until he randomly disappeared. He’s now sporting director at Dynamo Moscow, so he clearly didn’t leave England for the weather. Klopp called him the “brain” and he was credited with   the high press attacking style. He also does have a bit of managerial experience in Germany with a 56% win rate (I have no idea of the league’s competitiveness at that time).