Next manager odds

15 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

The problem with another Carlos type, we ain’t got any money. DC pretty much said we were struggling and can’t even pay players on time. Whereas when Carlos came in he splashed the cash. 
But I can see it being another foreign manager, especially if DC has seen the success Leeds and Wolves etc have had.

Carlos in his last two jobs, has proven he can do it without money. Most “Carlos type” coaches, or overseas coaches, are generally better at creating something without wheeling and dealing, than their British counterparts, hence their increasingly popularity

• Like 4

Just now, Morepork said:

Out of interest I wonder where our previous managers under DC appeared in the betting at the moment of appointment?

Pulis went 1/2 from 6/4..then they stopped

taking bets.

When first show he was 7/1.

Monk was 7/1 just after Bruce did a runner, not sure what he finnished at but it was short..Rowett was long term fav at 6/4ish.

Bruce ...don't know

Jos was a long shot at 16/1..finished up odds on.

I don't think we will end up with a Brit..

Outside chance could be Petrescu.

Don't forget he nearly came here before CC..and he was / is on Doyens books. Paixao doing the negotiations with Chansiri.

Negotiations fell through...🙄🤔

Apparently Petrescu knew nothing of it and after said he would have jumped at the chance.

Not much change in the odds yet this morning.

Ideally it would be great if we could hire a manager for the long term to implement a style of play, similar to the dirty folk across the county. 

Someone like Tim Walter is highly regarded as a coach.  

49 minutes ago, SheffWedOwl said:

Tim Walter would be a great appointment. But I suspect he won’t even be on the shortlist. 

Bruno Lage could be the Portuguese coach.

Hopefully the shortlist will surprise us if we saw it.  Chansiri wants a coach not a manager,  so you never know what will happen.  Now we have won a few games (a little lucky) and are outside the drop zone we may have become a slightly more appealing job for coaches. 

Foreign coach is Chansiri’s safest move.

Even a Paul Cook/Cowley type appointment has the potential to divide the fan base which given the recent “How not to run a football club” events Chansiri can ill afford.

A foreign coach comes with a bit of mystery and excitement without polarising opinion too much. 99% of the fan base will jump on for the ride and give it time to play out.

Pet Rescue would be an interesting one

• Like 2

10 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Care to share our new Portuguese managers name ? 

I would if I knew it. Someone who is fairly well connected mentioned that a Portuguese was favourite, I assumed it was the guy who was at Barnsley Morralies ?. Never thought about Bruno Lage.

Cook new even money favourite for job.

Has got interview so in with chance.

With regards Portuguese coach none in betting that I fancy and those that are would struggle.

The comment that Portuguese manager s do better is interesting. Moreno made them popular and some high profile appointments since with financial backing but most have struggled in this country.