Next manager odds

4 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

We will see how well he does..

Think they’ve actually bought quite wisely. If they go down, those signings won’t get a lot of offers from bigger clubs, but will probably run riot at championship level. McBurnie, Mousset and Brewster, may not be Premier League level, but they’d be a handful in the championship If I were Wilder, I’d stick at it, using this season to get the new players to buy into his tactics. If they don’t stay up, which doesn’t look likely, they’ll be coming straight back up with a better, younger side

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Think they’ve actually bought quite wisely. If they go down, those signings won’t get a lot of offers from bigger clubs, but will probably run riot at championship level. McBurnie, Mousset and Brewster, may not be Premier League level, but they’d be a handful in the championship If I were Wilder, I’d stick at it, using this season to get the new players to buy into his tactics. If they don’t stay up, which doesn’t look likely, they’ll be coming straight back up with a better, younger side

If they could run riot in the championship they wouldn't be bottom of the league with 2pts.

Just now, sherlyegg said:

If they could run riot in the championship they wouldn't be bottom of the league with 2pts.

Far be it from me to champion their fortunes, but they are probably better than they appear at the moment. It’s up front where they have really struggled, and as I said, McBurnie, Mousset and Brewster are clearly not yet ready for top flight football. They would be very effective in the Championship though

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Looks like Wilder will be on the list shortly..

He knows the league (this one, not the last one)

Gerrim in..🤐

Think everyone thought of him as genius after last season however Wilder this year has shown he does not have a plan B. His system has been worked out and he has no alternative. I have to admit this has surprised me but it is true. His team play same way and all teams no how to counter their style. They now have some decent players but will be interesting if keep same methods when return to this division next season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Far be it from me to champion their fortunes, but they are probably better than they appear at the moment. It’s up front where they have really struggled, and as I said, McBurnie, Mousset and Brewster are clearly not yet ready for top flight football. They would be very effective in the Championship though

I think they have struggled everywhere, they have very little creativity from midfield apart from diagonal crosses from the right, apparently all the creative play comes from the left centre back......weird but that is what they are pedaling

26 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If I were Wilder I'd stick at it an all just to keep on giving us something to laugh at. He has gone against everything he allegedly stood for with buying players like Brewster.

They can't afford to pay their wages if they go down and there will be a fire sale

There is very little between top 6 in the championship and bottom 6 in the prem.

As proven, with norwich, fulham, bournmouth, watford, west brom, brighton etc.

United are not anywhere near any of them.

If there was any hope for them they would be competing to stay up, or at the very least an outside chance.

Suppose we will have to wait and see, my feeling is they will struggle in the championship maybe mid table. Or not beyond the realms of possibility free fall.

They will have the advantage of parachute payments and may come good but not with Wilder in charge imho

28 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Mate text me this morning to put small bet on when he was 33/1, now 6s.

Didn't bother so he'll probably be nailed on to get job

I also heard a whisper last night, might just be agents throwing names around at this point 

I have seen a lot of betting markets but none as weird as this one. 

Clearly nobody has been offered job at this point and no one favoured by DC. The agents of these guys are not adverse to a punt and if one likely to get job would be 1-3 across the board immediately. 

Barton's price is amazing as he is everything DC would not want. In addition he has court case pending for incident with Stendel which has been delayed due to virus. If you do not want bad publicity having manager in court for fighting is hardly a good thing.

• Like 1