Next manager odds

Cook would have been perfect under Mandaric,  but under Chansiri I’m not so sure.  Will Cook be alright with the fact Chansiri’s team sometimes chooses and buys the players?  Will he be alright that he’s not allowed to complain about the quality of the players?   I’m not so sure and feel it would be another year like we’ve just had with Monk/Pulis.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Not sure if true but apparently the shortlist is Fink, Jemez and Morais according to the Sun today.  

I’d be happy with Fink and Jemez but not sure about Morais due to his time down the road. 

As reported in The Sun on Sunday (03.01.21, pg. 57), Jemez is alongside Jose Morais and Thorsten Fink in the running for the vacant Sheffield Wednesday job.

• Thanks 1

Hmm not sure about Jemez now.. 😁

Known for the all-attack, almost suicide style he used in the past, Jémez is a controversial figure in Spanish football. His advocates praise the adherence to his principles regardless of the opposition and his entertaining football. His detractors point out his naivety and his poor record at the highest level – Jémez has lost 52% of the matches he coached in La Liga, the worst register for coaches with more than 150 matches.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Not sure if true but apparently the shortlist is Fink, Jemez and Morais according to the Sun today.  

I’d be happy with Fink and Jemez but not sure about Morais due to his time down the road. 

my god what an awful list. Hope it’s wrong. 

19 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Jemez and even more so Morais would be awful choices. Shocking records. Why the hell would Chansiri be impressed by them. 

A few years back Jemez was being touted as the next Real or Barca manager, during his first stint at Vallecano.  But seems his star has fallen since then.  Though Carlos had a similar track record and Chansiri loved him 

• Thanks 1

I had never heard of the Barnsley manager what a job he is doing ,David Wagner  is another ,He did ok for Huddersfield first season .Carlos was another did ok with plenty of money ,When the money was gone jumped ship for his boyhood club . The next appointment is crucial ,I wanted cook before Monk or Pulis , Would have him in now ,We are after survival and the emergence of some of our young players ,I Just hope who ever comes in knows what he is doing .

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

If that's the shortlist, plus Cook, between Fink and Cook for me. 

Wouldn't touch Morais with a shitty stick.

Jemez is interesting, certainly fits the brief of attacking football, but thought of as naive at the highest level. Suppose as we aren't at the highest level, what would all out attack look like in the championship. I think it could stand a chance, but not with these players half way through a season. 

Cook has already been debated, IMO a credible candidate.

Fink is the 'name' on the list due to his playing career. Some success in management, managed at European level, but at clubs in weaker European leagues. Recent cup wins in Japan managing top players, but league success there  not so positive.

I wouldn't be disappointed with either Cook or Fink, Cook the more pragmatic sensible appointment. Fink potentially more exciting of the two.

• Like 3

Pretty balanced assessment by Striker imo.

Perhaps though we should not ignore the attacking side of the Paul Cook teams.

At Wigan he brought in Keiffer Moore (now at Cardiff City) and Jemal Lowe (now at Swansea City) and both were good aquisitions.

I suspect the home fans also enjoyed the Wigan 8 Hull City 0 match last spring.

I am struggling to recall Wednesday ever scoring 8 in a competitive match.

Someone may put me right on this.

4 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

At Wigan he brought in Keiffer Moore (now at Cardiff City) and Jemal Lowe (now at Swansea City) and both were good aquisitions.

would have loved us to have signed Lowe before we went to Swansea. Don’t think he cost them much either. 

54 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

At Aldershot, league cop 1989 won 8-0 after drawing home leg 0-0. Whitton got 4 and Dalian 3.

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

Spora Luxembourg 

Guest domSWFC
3 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Hmm not sure about Jemez now.. 😁

Known for the all-attack, almost suicide style he used in the past, Jémez is a controversial figure in Spanish football. His advocates praise the adherence to his principles regardless of the opposition and his entertaining football. His detractors point out his naivety and his poor record at the highest level – Jémez has lost 52% of the matches he coached in La Liga, the worst register for coaches with more than 150 matches.

Sign him up. That's the sort of manager I want. Win 7-4 one week, lose 6-3 the next. 

Just looked at latest odds on BetVictor.

Joint 2nd favourite at 6/1.............

Bruno Baltazar !!!!

Who the feck is Bruno Baltazar.WTF:

Of course I've obviously googled him. If he is under consideration I would be amazed.

Well I would be amazed if we were owned by anyone else.:wacko:

Edited by oldtawnyowl