Next manager odds

If we’re just appointing someone for the rest of the season... then just give it to Thompson to hopefully keep us up, and start drawing up a list of potential new managers to take over for next season. Well, two lists - one if we stay up and one if we don’t. 

It seems mad to bring in someone totally new who doesn’t know the players just to manage for half a season then start the whole process again in summer... but this is Wednesday we’re talking about, there’s every chance we’ll go through two more managers before the end of this season 

Edited by beswetherick
  • Like 1

I think Roland would be a superb appointment.  His legend status would galvanise fans, and would also probably allow him some time.  He knows the city, the fans, English football.  And his links in Scandinavia could allow us to find some decent, relatively cheap players, who would adapt to English football quickly.

I understand people not wanting to ruin his status as a legend, but I think he would be aware of that, so if we were doing really badly, I think he would do the decent thing and walk.  

All hypothetical at the moment, but we could do far worse.  

5 hours ago, Rogers said:

11 jobs in 10 years. Including assistant manager of the Phillipines. 

Played only in lower leagues in Portugal and abroad, including bizarrely a season at Margate.

Managed also in lower leagues in Portugal and was assistant to Lamouchi at Forest.

I can't see anything he has done to recommend him as a candidate.

13 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Great player for us.

What are his achievements in management?

He won the league in Sweden (2010). Has been managing Sweden's youth teams (U17's and then U21's) for the past 6 years so hard to measure his achievements there.

Did actually manage Coventry for a season right at the start of his managerial career in the Championship. Strachan was sacked after 5 games (4 points, in 19th). Took them to fringe of playoffs before losing 5 of his last six matches and being sacked with the team in 10th place with 1 game to go (P40 W19 D5 L16).

6 hours ago, Sova said:

"The qualifying criteria for managers are simpler than those for players: 24 months consecutively or 36 months over the past five years working in any competition from band 1 to band 5. You also need a Uefa Pro licence and proof your English is good enough to, among other things, “describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans”.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/28/football-and-brexit-a-guide-to-the-new-rules

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/dec/01/gbe-points-based-system-launched-011220

That counts Cook out then.

:duntmatter:

Its apparently an appointment until end of season, so no need to give an outsider the job, given no one with any credentials will 

want a short term job, fighting relegation with a chairman who is unpredictable . Makes sense to keep it in house and hope 

we stay up, DC then sells club and we can get a proper manager in place.

Balthazar....... Another Portuguese manager on the list. 

Right now looking at these linked managers, why are we not making more of trying to force Paxo out than Chansiri!

All the attention falls on Chansiri but Paxo seems to be the man pulling the strings...... 

It's Either Chansiri ignores Packs advice or Paxos advice is bad. 

There are too many names at the top end of the betting that have done nothing and most are Portuguese....... 

This idea of connecting with a company and getting their players and managers has been a disaster why are we just allowing it to carry on and just accepting it...... It clearly is a major factor in the mismanagement of the club.....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

All the attention falls on Chansiri but Paxo seems to be the man pulling the strings......

Seems to me paxo is the real boss..chansiri hates boring football and anyone who can't get top 6...he usually sacks em after 12months tops..

Not mr paxo though, even though he has 'a  say' in recruitment.

Doesn't make sense to me..🤔