Next manager odds

33 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

sacked at Bordeaux for complaining about a player sale despite

Think that was more..., they sold him without even telling him.

Think most people would get ratty for that tbh.

That wouldn't happen here, we buy em without telling the manager.🤣

7 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

So they hired him to stay up 

They didn’t.

we need to stay up

why hire a guy who last season didn’t do that same thing ? 

the Belgian club, derby - car crashes.

not to mention of course nearly relegating a Leicester squad from the premier league who 12 months later battered everyone in sight and won the premier league by 10 points under a different manager. 

So apart from bringing Monk back who do you suggest?

Just now, Yorksowl said:

Ive already mentioned it above. Stick with what we have under the current circumstances. Thompson. Is there any reasonable argument not to let him have the reins to see how he gets on. Cant do any worse. Already as a better record than nearly all the recent managers. Knows the squad and just as important knows how DC operates.  🙂

Can't see that pacifying the Wednesday hordes. If he can earn the right to be given a chance in this limbo time then it might work.

We’re in serious danger of following dirty Leeds footsteps when they had that period of 11 managers in 4 years, some being very obscure or strange British appointments.   

Whoever Chansiri gets next needs to be someone he likes and plans to work with long term

• Like 1

Whilst folks are talking who they would like as manager.

I would like to know views on Liam Rosenior.

He was pundit on Sky and best analyst I have seen him and Prutton were good double act.

He joined Cocu coaching team was well down pecking order. 

They put Rooney in charge but I understand Rosenior has been doing all work and he has quickly turned Derby's fortunes around.

Rooney wants Derby job and favourite to get it. Hesitation in appointment is due to fact they know he his dependant on this chap.

Think Rosenior would jump at chance to be manager in own right. 

He comes acrossas articulate bright and knows his stuff.

He is left field enough for DC to appoint and has appeared in betting which suggests he might have sent CV in.

Comments welcome.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

We’re in serious danger of following dirty Leeds footsteps when they had that period of 11 managers in 4 years, some being very obscure or strange British appointments.   

Whoever Chansiri gets next needs to be someone he likes and plans to work with long term

Thought that was the plan with pullis

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Thought that was the plan with pullis

Chansiri says he was never sure about Pulis but his team convinced him he was the right man, so this time he’s going to take his time to find the right person for him. My feeling is he wants another Carlos who will coach the players he’s given and not complain to the owner 

9 minutes ago, Quist said:

He was pundit on Sky and best analyst I have seen him and Prutton were good double act.

They put Rooney in charge but I understand Rosenior has been doing all work and he has quickly turned Derby's fortunes around.

Rooney wants Derby job and favourite to get it. Hesitation in appointment is due to fact they know he his dependant on this chap.

He is left field enough for DC to appoint and has appeared in betting which suggests he might have sent CV in.

Comments welcome.

I'd have no problem with that, someone with fresh ideas and enthusiasm could work. The old fashioned, experienced choice didn't so why not? I'd rather give someone like Rosenoir a go than one of those European journeymen that change clubs every year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Chansiri says he was never sure about Pulis but his team convinced him he was the right man, so this time he’s going to take his time to find the right person for him. My feeling is he wants another Carlos who will coach the players he’s given and not complain to the owner 

Think we would all like another Carlos given what’s happened since he left

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Quist said:

Comments welcome.

As good a suggestion as any I’ve seen.  Personally I though Paul Cook should have been appointed last time around, but wouldn’t object to taking a punt on this occasion as you suggest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

As good a suggestion as any I’ve seen.  Personally I though Paul Cook should have been appointed last time around, but wouldn’t object to taking a punt on this occasion as you suggest.

Cook is my first choice but way things happen you never get what you want and thought which outsider would appeal that we could hope to get.

• Like 1