Next manager odds

27 minutes ago, SheffWedOwl said:

Won the title with Anderlecht. Champions League experience (not that we’ll need it!) Has a good reputation. Decent stats too.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rene-weiler/profil/trainer/5311

I thought you said Rene Weller, who is a German boxer who competed at the Olympics haha. I was gonna post this boxing GIF from Raging Bull (1980.) Thanks though I'll check him out.

gif  

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Considering the random names added to this thread, I’ll add another.

What about Željko Buvač? Klopp’s right hand man at Mainz, Dortmund and Liverpool until he randomly disappeared. He’s now sporting director at Dynamo Moscow, so he clearly didn’t leave England for the weather. Klopp called him the “brain” and he was credited with   the high press attacking style. He also does have a bit of managerial experience in Germany with a 56% win rate (I have no idea of the league’s competitiveness at that time).

I've always thought this would be a class appointment....alas far too forward looking and sensible for us to pull it off

Just now, sherlyegg said:

World's gone mad..🤣

I think it's more that the world of football has moved on. Teams are no longer filled with local players and ran by local businessmen and rivalries mean a lot less to the owners and even the players than the fans. 

The harsh reality is that Wilder would never stoop so low to manage our club due to the mess it is in. Even if he gets sacked at the lane, he will be in the running for top championship and lower end premier teams whenever there's a position available. 

Look at the last few managers we've had and where they are after their stint here; Carlos is doing ok, Jos out of a job, Monk will be a last resort championship manager at best and Pulis will struggle to get another job.

It's not a case of the world going mad, football has just changed. If Wilder was available he would be by far the best manager we could even hope to get, that's a sign of how far we have fallen. 

1 minute ago, 0742 said:

The harsh reality is that Wilder would never stoop so low to manage our club due to the mess it is in.

The piggies were in a mess when he went to them.

Right place right time and did well.

He's had his hour in the sun, he will end up another manager on the 'list'

Just now, sherlyegg said:

The piggies were in a mess when he went to them.

Right place right time and did well.

He's had his hour in the sun, he will end up another manager on the 'list'

Lifelong fan though, he'd have never turned it down and we're light years away from getting a manager who would come in and sort this mess out.

Last time we had a manager like him was big ron. 30-fućking-years-ago!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 0742 said:

I think it's more that the world of football has moved on. Teams are no longer filled with local players and ran by local businessmen and rivalries mean a lot less to the owners and even the players than the fans. 

The harsh reality is that Wilder would never stoop so low to manage our club due to the mess it is in. Even if he gets sacked at the lane, he will be in the running for top championship and lower end premier teams whenever there's a position available. 

Look at the last few managers we've had and where they are after their stint here; Carlos is doing ok, Jos out of a job, Monk will be a last resort championship manager at best and Pulis will struggle to get another job.

It's not a case of the world going mad, football has just changed. If Wilder was available he would be by far the best manager we could even hope to get, that's a sign of how far we have fallen. 

Seriously,why would anybody even consider employing a manager who will become famous as the worst manager in top league history?

• Like 1

Just now, 0742 said:

Lifelong fan though, he'd have never turned it down and we're light years away from getting a manager who would come in and sort this mess out.

Last time we had a manager like him was big ron. 30-fućking-years-ago!

We will see how well he does..