Kenneth Zohore

With all talks of formations in this thread I was wondering if any team had ever played a formation to go man for man ? so if opposition was playing 4-4-2 you would do opposite so would play 2 defenders and four attackers and effectively when defending you would mark your opposite number .

Not that I think its a good idea like just a slow day at work and thought someone on here might know the answer 

8 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Would be a great signing, although I have a feeling some of our fans would be on his back straight away to put across their argument that the chairman is spunking money again, as he 'has no idea how to run a football club'.

Well, we have spent sums of money this club has never seen before to make us worse than when we started the process, driven a coach and horses through the league's financial regulations and earned the first points penalty in our history which threatens to get us relegated.

Not a great football administrator CV is it?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jesus said:

Sodje was awesome when he was on it. Loved watching him. Shame it didnt last long

He was so explosive off the mark he kept twanging his hamstring. Michael Owen had the same problem. 

I'll never forget that season when he scored twice before half-time in the first match against Burnley then his hamstring went again and he missed most of the season. We could do with a striker with a scoring rate of 1 every 20 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Well, we have spent sums of money this club has never seen before to make us worse than when we started the process, driven a coach and horses through the league's financial regulations and earned the first points penalty in our history which threatens to get us relegated.

Not a great football administrator CV is it?

After all that this is the first possible signing this pre-season that is actually an upgrade and excites. Could it be DC has learnt his lesson and actually targetted just one major signing with his transfer funds to not break FFP. Or is that just to much to ask ??

2 hours ago, 83owl said:

Yeah I agree they will always have a core of players who they deem not good enough for PL. Depends if those players want to play or are happy to sit on their contracts for a year or two.

Hence the first part I said bud and those sort of players would be what we're after. The younger 20/24 year olds still out to make a name for themselves, hungry and not wanting to sit on there backsides. 

6 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

After all that this is the first possible signing this pre-season that is actually an upgrade and excites. Could it be DC has learnt his lesson and actually targetted just one major signing with his transfer funds to not break FFP. Or is that just to much to ask ??

It could be that. But so far, there's little to distinguish it from us having little money to spend for one reason or another.

• Like 1