Kenneth Zohore

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

So it won't happen.

Good. Not exactly prolific is he.

Years            Team                             Apps     (Gls)

2010–2012   Copenhagen                16          (1)

2012–2015   Fiorentina                     0           (0)

2013–2014→ Brøndby IF (loan)       25          (5)

2014→          IFK Göteborg (loan)    5            (2)

2015–2016   OB                               24          (9)

2016             K.V.Kortrijk                  0             (0)

2016→         Cardiff City (loan)        12           (2)

2016–2019   Cardiff City                  84          (22)

2019–        West Bromwich Albion  15           (3)

Zohore may not be prolific but he should suit us. Get enough supply from Bannan and Brown into him, sexy through balls and low crosses, he could work well in a front 2 and a front three. I hope we can get him or someone similar. Jutkiewicz seemed ideal but Zohore is similar in style but younger, plus he's got some resale value, which would make it a smart signing. In the right system and team, he could score more or he might help others around him score more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So what was the point in playing it for 9 games if we didn't have the right players?

With Dunkley still injured the defensive options remain the same.

You don't know till you give them a  chance, hopefully one more centre back then you'll have Dunkley Dom +1,Penny Lwb,Palmer or other Rwb. Get shut of Lees and Van Aken.

Zohore and Kachunga would be a handful up top, and we’ve seen our porky neighbours have similar successes with those types of strikers in the past.  Maybe throw in a PL youngster who’s more of a goal scorer and things would start looking much better 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He’d be capable of double figures, not prolific but quick enough to play off the last defender rather than slowing things down.

We still wouldn’t have that typical CF though who can get amongst it and win headers when it’s kitchen sink time 

image.png.9e22d937aebf0cee198b3278f74bdfcc.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He’d be capable of double figures, not prolific but quick enough to play off the last defender rather than slowing things down.

We still wouldn’t have that typical CF though who can get amongst it and win headers when it’s kitchen sink time 

Absolutely, I think Monk will still want a Glenn Murray type. 

Guest domSWFC

Think him and Kachunga up front could get 10+ each, with Brown, Harris, Luongo pitching in with a few from midfield. As well as Iorfa and Dunkley grabbing a few from set pieces, could be enough to see us safe. 

10 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Meh another lump of wood. Don't know lots about him to be fair.... If anyone could help me see why this would be a good move.... right now I know we are desperate but......

Believe me I hope he's amazing 

Another lump of wood but you don't know much about him? You've convinced me.

• Haha 6

Don't want to compare anything to the scrubbers down the road, but if you looked at McGoldrick's stats for last season, we would be talking about the same issues. A striker is much more than his scoring record in my opinion and it's how he fits into the team as a whole and how Monk sees us playing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1