Kenneth Zohore

8 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Though since we're very light on strikers, someone who's main priority is not financial, but getting games and playing regularly and in the shop window is a plus for us. I'm surprised we Havnt landed someone on loan yet. 

I do believe though, the promoted clubs are where we need to be looking, as they will have surplus players who know this division and been successful in it they need to get rid of. Plus with the promised Premier riches available you'd think they would be more likely to not try demanding over the odds for a player they don't need. 

Yeah I agree they will always have a core of players who they deem not good enough for PL. Depends if those players want to play or are happy to sit on their contracts for a year or two.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well instantly this would look better, in a 4-3-3 (forget the three at the back nonsense)

Dawson

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner or Dunkley

Penney

Luongo

Brown

Bannan

Kachunga

Zohore

Windass

Maybe we should just see how it the 352 goes before demanding a change ? 

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

I’ve a pretty good idea how it looks, with half the centre backs looking distinctly uncomfortable in the system If we do stick with it, out of interest, which of the forwards would you leave out?

36 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Though since we're very light on strikers, someone who's main priority is not financial, but getting games and playing regularly and in the shop window is a plus for us. I'm surprised we Havnt landed someone on loan yet. 

I do believe though, the promoted clubs are where we need to be looking, as they will have surplus players who know this division and been successful in it they need to get rid of. Plus with the promised Premier riches available you'd think they would be more likely to not try demanding over the odds for a player they don't need. 

Spot on this, also the relegated clubs who need wages off the board. Look at Watford for example they have about 10 strikers on there books !!!

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’ve a pretty good idea how it looks, with half the centre backs looking distinctly uncomfortable in the system If we do stick with it, out of interest, which of the forwards would you leave out?

Well if we sign Zohore I would play him and Windass first choice. 

I agree that some look uncomfortable in the 3 at the back. Specifically Lees who stinks in that central role. 

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 1

Guest wilyfox

this ^

We play a back 4, people clamour for 3. We switch to 3, then people say nah let’s revert to 4. The decision has been made. Monk has already said 352 was their main focus in pre-season. Let’s give it a go.

Just now, Beholder said:

Well if we sign Zahore I would play him and Windass first choice. 

I agree that some look uncomfortable in the 3 at the back. Specifically Lees who stinks in that central role. 

Problem is with a 3 he CANT play any other role than the central one. Wish we could move him on

• Like 1

352 is becoming the go to formation for many Prem and Championship clubs 

basically it offers more flexibility 

Our home form is a concern that this system should help 

When teams are playing 1 up front 

and sitting in playing 4 at the back is a waste and allows you to get overrun in midfield as has happened frequently in the past .

• Like 2

Just now, gurujuan said:

Not everyone is going to be fit at all times so we can’t just bank on a first eleven plus there’s competition for places and the days we have to go more direct to consider.

That 4-3-3 looks a very able team but there’s no reason we can’t mix it up a bit when required.

I think we have the team for 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 minus the strikers we need but the 3-5-2 hasn’t conceded so far and needs more work than the other two systems.

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Would pi55 all over the claim that nobody with other options would take on the -12 challenge 

Not really as this would be a loan signing and not a permanent one (if it even happens).

You try getting a player to commit the next 2/3 years of his career to a side who are probably going to be in the third division after this season, it’s not an easy sell.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

A couple of weeks back the Midlands press were reporting that Colin was very keen to take him to Middlesbrough but Zohore’s wages proved to be a stumbling block - can’t see us forking out big wages either? 

A certain chairman would be apoplectic if we managed to beat Boro to the signing on the basis of wages!