THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I can’t see the EFL announcing our outcome before they’ve dealt with Derby. 

Good point. If they announce ours and it relegates us but fail to deal with Derby in time then that would show them to be highly incompetent. Can't see that happening can you? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Good point. If they announce ours and it relegates us but fail to deal with Derby in time then that would show them to be highly incompetent. Can't see that happening can you? 

Yep. Even more so if Derby get promoted. 

Theres 3 clubs with charges against them which could relegate 2 of them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I can’t see the EFL announcing our outcome before they’ve dealt with Derby. 

2 minutes ago, Treborowl said:

I agree. It might be perceived as an influence on the Derby outcome.

Not sure I get that logic to be honest. Both cases are separate.

And a decision was announced on the latest Brum charge, long after both us and Derby had received our charges.

How bad are the EFL ...their own rules have totally fùcked clubs over and cleary it needs a desperate reform yet here we are awaiting our fait because of them!

Derby could get promoted and theirs could be dealt before they kick a ball ala Swindon Town back in 90? 

Total mess this.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

makes you wonder if the decision has already been made but they are now going through the appeal.

From what Monk said today it seems like the club are still waiting for a verdict. But wouldn’t be a surprise if Monk hasn’t been told what’s going on 

IF they are going to announce after the Derby hearing , then that wont be over until end of season, so any penalties would be applied 

for next season.

Its a mess and it appears the biggest issues for the EFL is they really dont like the clubs selling stadiums to get round P&S rules.

So clubs found a loophole in their rules, so in essence they created the bloody problem

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

From what Monk said today it seems like the club are still waiting for a verdict. But wouldn’t be a surprise if Monk hasn’t been told what’s going on 

No one can have been told - because if anyone knew (who’s the kid on here claims his neighbour is a player and he told him?) - it would have leaked by now 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Just think of the grilling he'd get if he said the club knows the verdict but I can't say. 

If they stopped the failure payments then clubs in the championship wouldn't have to look for loopholes to get round FFP. This entire farce is of the EFL 's own making. If they tried looking at what is causing clubs to bend the rules instead of punishing clubs for doing so, then maybe they eould avoid all these court cases and tribunals. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I’m a bit concerned that the Derby case is going ahead next week.  The perceived wisdom seemed to be that if we were successful defending our position and avoiding a points deduction, then the case against Derby would be dropped.

Isn't there's just about the valuation?

25 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

How bad are the EFL ...their own rules have totally fùcked clubs over and cleary it needs a desperate reform yet here we are awaiting our fait because of them!

Derby could get promoted and theirs could be dealt before they kick a ball ala Swindon Town back in 90? 

Total mess this.

But, unlike Swindon’s case, the top flight are now a separate entity and won’t extradite a team back to the EFL’s jurisdiction