THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

I might be wrong but i was under the impression that it was a representative from each side plus an independant person. Maybe i'm getting confused with the arbitration panel.

Our QC is there to represent our club and put our arguments across - the EFL's QC the same. The panel are independent and have a QC on there to make sure that everything they do is in line with the law etc.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

Our QC is there to represent our club and put our arguments across - the EFL's QC the same. The panel are independent and have a QC on there to make sure that everything they do is in line with the law etc.

Thanks, i stand corrected.

• Like 1

Compared to other clubs that this club should be competing with this is embarrassing.

Chansiri is literally keeping the club from going under out of his own pockets....he’s Spent/spending more than Leeds owner to end up with a league one club with 20k fans, no team and no external partners. Leeds may have a Prem club with a world class manager and an exciting team with middle Eastern billionaires knocking on the door.

Leeds owner is a self made business man, Chansiri is spending some money his dad earned....one’s a professional, the other one is completely out of his depth

• Haha 1

Guest Mcguigan
9 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

So Derby could feasibly make the playoffs, then be found guilty during them? What a farce.

So what?

They could be 10 points clear at the top, if they've been found guilty then that's it. They get the punishment it deserves.

10 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I might be wrong but i was under the impression that it was a representative from each side plus an independant person. Maybe i'm getting confused with the arbitration panel.

90 Constitution of Disciplinary Commissions

90.1 Subject to Regulation 90.2, the parties to proceedings before a Disciplinary Commission shall be:

90.1.1 The League (the ‘Claimant’); and

90.1.2 the Club, Official, Player or other individual (in each case current or former) allegedly in breach of these Regulations (the ‘Respondent’),

90.2 Where the proceedings are an appeal against a strict liability penalty in accordance with Regulation 87.2, the party lodging the Appeal will be the Claimant, and The League shall be the Respondent.

90.3 A Disciplinary Commission shall consist of:

90.3.1 a chairperson who shall be either:

(a) a qualified solicitor or barrister; or

(b) a ‘member’ or ‘fellow’ of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators,

in either case with at least 5 years post-qualification experience who shall be appointed independently by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (or such other body as the Board may from time to time determine); and

90.3.2 two suitably qualified side members one of whom shall be selected by the Claimant and the other (subject to Regulation 90.4), by the Respondent,

PROVIDED ALWAYS that:

(a) the side members must be independent of the parties and able to render an impartial decision;

(b) the parties may agree that the Disciplinary Commission be constituted by the Chairman sitting alone; and

(c) a ‘suitably qualified’ side member (if not a solicitor or barrister of at least five years post-qualification experience, shall be a person who is independent of the party appointing them, capable of rendering an impartial decision and not otherwise subject to a Disqualifying Condition (as defined in Appendix 3).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Any decent players for sale ?

"Paixao, why haven't we tried this yet? You could set up an affiliate link and make a commission on each sale"

:Chansiri:

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

So what?

They could be 10 points clear at the top, if they've been found guilty then that's it. They get the punishment it deserves.

That’s not what I am disputing. I was putting forward the ridiculous possibility that they make the play offs, then are found guilty mid way through them, say after the first leg of the semi final.

The points deduction would have let another team into the play offs, which, if derby then win, their promotion makes them untouchable from the EFL.

5 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Ask the Tory party...ferries that didn't exist...£25M to a company to produce PPE that has no staff, no office and not on companies house list. 

i'm wondering if they've got a snooker table in there?

or strippers on?

Edited by dorian gray

Seems a ridiculous time to start the Derby case, going to take at least a few weeks by which the season will be done. Would guess any point deduction for them would be applied next season. Like has been said what happens if they get in the play offs though. Crazy.