THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Ferkorf
Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Luton beating Huddersfield 

Very interesting down at the bottom.

I had a bet on stoke to go down at the beginning of the season

Trust Wednesday to be the ones that might knock that on the head for me lol

48 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

Are you familiar with the work of Erwin Schrödinger?

yes the cat is both dead and alive at the same time ... think that sums up this thread.

btw I’m not ITK incase you’re trying to read something into that ... 

33 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I don't disagree with the point that if we've done wrong we should be punished. 

My issue is with the lack of transparency which to my mind has not only negatively affected the Owls this season, but also much of the championship. Added in Birmingham and Derby then much of the middle/lower half of the table has been waiting for decisions from the EFL/ the impartial commission for months. It's impossible to know what the table 'really' looks like when any potential points deductions have been applied. Never mind the psychological effect on teams and their supporters as they wait the proverbial hangman's noose. 

It should have been sorted months ago. And there should have been absolute clarity about the process and timescale. Without that, again I simply feel that the EFL are not fit for purpose. 

Great post - re process and timescales, any case not sorted before start of season (ideally) or by year end (more realistic) should carry over to following season.  There’s part of me that thinks any P&S related points deductions should be sorted before a season starts, or they get carried over to next season.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Very interesting down at the bottom.

I had a bet on stoke to go down at the beginning of the season

Trust Wednesday to be the ones that might knock that on the head for me lol

did you get good odds on stoke? Can’t imagine they would have been one of the favourites to go down? 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So going in to tomorrow’s game we will be only 7 points off 3rd from bottom. No point deduction and I think we will be okay. A win would be very timely tomorrow going in to the Huddersfield game. 

Actually 8 off third bottom, when Wigan get their -12

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Actually 8 off third bottom, when Wigan get their -12

we are going to have to hope Wigan lose a few because if they carry on getting points the -12 won’t come in to play this season I believe? They have some easy looking games left this season as well. 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So going in to tomorrow’s game we will be only 7 points off 3rd from bottom. No point deduction and I think we will be okay. A win would be very timely tomorrow going in to the Huddersfield game. 

Any points gained will be proportionate to the last relegation place - 1 (or goal difference thereof) 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

we are going to have to hope Wigan lose a few because if they carry on getting points the -12 won’t come in to play this season I believe? They have some easy looking games left this season as well. 

If Wigan don’t go down automatically (they won’t) then they’ll get -12 and finish below us. 6 teams need to pass us in 4 games for us to go down. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The -12 happens if they don't finish in the relegation places, they wont!

2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

If Wigan don’t go down automatically (they won’t) then they’ll get -12 and finish below us. 6 teams need to pass us in 4 games for us to go down. 

I’m probably wrong but I thought if they finish more than 12 points above the bottom 3 they won’t be deducted points this season, they will start next season on -12. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

I’m probably wrong but I thought if they finish more than 12 points above the bottom 3 they won’t be deducted points this season, they will start next season on -12. 

No. If they go down automatically (which is what the owner gambled on) the -12 happens next season 

• Thanks 1