THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Ferkorf
17 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

Are you familiar with the work of Erwin Schrödinger?

No but I think you may know that

6 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

You wonder if we've intimated that we'll refuse to play the remainder of our fixtures if we're docked points? Don't know how much of a threat this would actually be for the EFL though.

Not the Efl dishing the points out its an independent panel, are you familiar with owlstalk?

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

Something is clearly going on. And it won’t be an appeal. They would have announced the decision by now prior to any appeal. Wouldn’t put it past DC to chuck his toys out of the pram and threaten to simply close the club down. Stranger things have happened. 

"If you don't want me as a chairman in your league, then you only need to say so. I currently have a large offer on the table from Osama Bin Laden's family, give me the word and I will accept it"

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

Guest Ferkorf
1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

To be fair I reckon he was "thinking out of the box"..

Banners ...

So you googled him too?

3 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

No but I think you may know that

Just a joke—not trying to make you look stupid, sorry. I should have put a smiley on the end.

3 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Not the Efl dishing the points out its an independent panel, are you familiar with owlstalk?

I never suggested the EFL were handing out the points. For all we know the hearing's finished, and there's some aggro going on between the club and EFL regarding the result, hence the comment about DC threatening to not play the remaining fixtures.

9 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I don't disagree with the point that if we've done wrong we should be punished. 

My issue is with the lack of transparency which to my mind has not only negatively affected the Owls this season, but also much of the championship. Added in Birmingham and Derby then much of the middle/lower half of the table has been waiting for decisions from the EFL/ the impartial commission for months. It's impossible to know what the table 'really' looks like when any potential points deductions have been applied. Never mind the psychological effect on teams and their supporters as they wait the proverbial hangman's noose. 

It should have been sorted months ago. And there should have been absolute clarity about the process and timescale. Without that, again I simply feel that the EFL are not fit for purpose. 

If you want honesty, integrity and transparency  then football is not the game for you...I don't  want think what the Lg 1 and 2 clubs will do next season apart from going part time

• Like 1

Guest Ferkorf
Just now, dr. benway said:

Just a joke—not trying to make you look stupid, sorry. I should have put a smiley on the end.

I never suggested the EFL were handing out the points. For all we know the hearing's finished, and there's some aggro going on between the club and EFL regarding the result, hence the comment about DC threatening to not play the remaining fixtures.

My sincere apologies Dr, I've been in a funny mood all day since my mate Tony from Leeds told me we were going into administration this afternoon lol

Guest Ferkorf
Just now, dr. benway said:

No worries. Think we're all a bit on edge on here lately :laugh:

Waltham especially.

I told him to see a Doctor yesterday I was worried about him lol

Guest Ferkorf
4 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

No I have a 2 in Quantum Physics at Barkers Pool University...

Thats fantastic! I tried taking the kids swimming there last week but its shut we had to go to ponds forge instead

42 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Realistically I think we might get lucky and get off on a technicality in that someone from the EFL may well have sanctioned this (

Eh?

How can it be " lucky" if someone from the efl sanctioned it.

And it's always nice to get off with something that you weren't guilty of ....init.?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Thats fantastic! I tried taking the kids swimming there last week but its shut we had to go to ponds forge instead

Sorry 

Sorry 

I get confused my mind sometimes gets ahead of my fingers....

I meant to put ..

I had a Saturday job on the Mary Quant Counter in Cole Brothers .....

julian_clarey__00991.1396340998.jpg.0ab29cb44186450f466c313d5c7672d5.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

If you want honesty, integrity and transparency  then football is not the game for you...I don't  want think what the Lg 1 and 2 clubs will do next season apart from going part time

Sadly, at the minute I agree that there is not a lot of those things. I know that the EFL is the clubs effectively. Clear that as an organisation it is too self interested and riven with rivalries to be effective. There needs to be some form of outside governance. Having said that, Rick Parry has said a few things that suggest he has an idea about the problems if not how to solve them. As for Lgs1 and 2 next season, gawd knows how that can be sorted 😞

• Like 1