THE EFL HEARING THREAD

The sheer hypocrisy of football fans everywhere including most of us on here is quite disturbing. When a club breaks the rules we scream for them to be punished in the severest way possible with two notable exceptions:

1. If it involves our own club we bleat and moan about how unfair it is etc.

2. If it is something that affects our rivals we want the rules bent so that it always adversely affects them (thinking of the Tevez affair for which West Ham should have been relegated).

Sad truth is we have been flouting the rules virtually since the day DC took over and if found guilty, then we deserve to be punished if only for the integrity of the game.

Realistically I think we might get lucky and get off on a technicality in that someone from the EFL may well have sanctioned this (even though they shouldn't have) and we acted on their advice. Otherwise I'm afraid we deserve everything coming our way.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Shock horror no announcement today...

Who would have thought it?

Still no 12 point deduction...

Or is it 21...

Or 9?

9 suspended...

Or are we in administration yet...

All of the above! lol

31 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

I just can’t be arsed anymore. 

It’s completely sucked every ounce of my passion out of the club. 

I know people think League One will be a laugh again, but that ship has sailed. I really cannot be bothered with the Football league trophy, round one of the FA cup and trips to Gillingham, MK Dons and such like.

That novelty went a long time ago.

I keep telling myself the very same, then I think if that was the case why am I on Owlstalk most of the day refreshing this thread every 2 mins.

lol

Absolutely no feelings for football supporters at all.

We are here, either bought season tickets, buying season tickets or "thinking" of buying season tickets...to watch a club that

"May" be in the Championship

"May" be in league 1..or

"May"..be thrown outta the league

We have no idea of 

"When" the hearing was

"IF" the hearing was...

and whateverthef.ook happened at the hearing that we don't knows happened yet!!!!

Seriously?

Dock 12 points now FFS!.....Fight the sodding thing and take the probable drop.....

THEN

Shed as big as this

We're the famous Sheffield Wednesday

Hi Ho

Bounce

and follow this club through the thick, the thin and the sh*t again... all over the country..

.But Delphjon

join in..

drop the bloody prices if this happens..get the fans back in and watch what could sodding happen here at Hillsborough IF everyone is on board

Simply start again......I'm up for it.....I'm sick of this stagnation

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

Wasn’t it a while from us submitting the accounts until they decided we had done something wrong ? If so, why ? is surely what we must be arguing 

Because it wasn't until months later that Middlesborough found themselves at risk of relegation

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Shock horror no announcement today...

Who would have thought it?

Still no 12 point deduction...

Or is it 21...

Or 9?

9 suspended...

Or are we in administration yet...

Are you familiar with the work of Erwin Schrödinger?

7 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Maybe just maybe it's Chansiri's threat to counter due that's causing a delay??

Could be a doomsday threat for DC to close the whole thing down if the League dock us points. 

Just now, vulva said:

Could be a doomsday threat for DC to close the whole thing down if the League dock us points. 

You wonder if we've intimated that we'll refuse to play the remainder of our fixtures if we're docked points? Don't know how much of a threat this would actually be for the EFL though.

Just now, dr. benway said:

You wonder if we've intimated that we'll refuse to play the remainder of our fixtures if we're docked points? Don't know how much of a threat this would actually be for the EFL though.

Something is clearly going on. And it won’t be an appeal. They would have announced the decision by now prior to any appeal. Wouldn’t put it past DC to chuck his toys out of the pram and threaten to simply close the club down. Stranger things have happened. 

• Like 5

Just now, Elvin Parsnip said:

The big joke is if we do go down the EFL will alter FFP and ask rich owners to put as much money in as they can afford to run their club.

It would be a perfect symmetry to missing out on parachute payments twenty years ago :duntmatter:

• Like 4

Just now, vulva said:

Something is clearly going on. And it won’t be an appeal. They would have announced the decision by now prior to any appeal. Wouldn’t put it past DC to chuck his toys out of the pram and threaten to simply close the club down. Stranger things have happened. 

Completely agree, something is fishy about the whole thing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

The sheer hypocrisy of football fans everywhere including most of us on here is quite disturbing. When a club breaks the rules we scream for them to be punished in the severest way possible with two notable exceptions:

1. If it involves our own club we bleat and moan about how unfair it is etc.

2. If it is something that affects our rivals we want the rules bent so that it always adversely affects them (thinking of the Tevez affair for which West Ham should have been relegated).

Sad truth is we have been flouting the rules virtually since the day DC took over and if found guilty, then we deserve to be punished if only for the integrity of the game.

Realistically I think we might get lucky and get off on a technicality in that someone from the EFL may well have sanctioned this (even though they shouldn't have) and we acted on their advice. Otherwise I'm afraid we deserve everything coming our way.

I don't disagree with the point that if we've done wrong we should be punished. 

My issue is with the lack of transparency which to my mind has not only negatively affected the Owls this season, but also much of the championship. Added in Birmingham and Derby then much of the middle/lower half of the table has been waiting for decisions from the EFL/ the impartial commission for months. It's impossible to know what the table 'really' looks like when any potential points deductions have been applied. Never mind the psychological effect on teams and their supporters as they wait the proverbial hangman's noose. 

It should have been sorted months ago. And there should have been absolute clarity about the process and timescale. Without that, again I simply feel that the EFL are not fit for purpose. 

• Like 1