Jump to content

Recommended Posts

SWFC.jpg
 

 

 

Sheffield Wednesday's legal fight with the EFL over breaching financial rules set to start on Tuesday. Hearing brought forward amid concerns from rival clubs. #swfc strenuously deny the charge

 

Sheffield Wednesday's legal fight with the English Football League will start on Tuesday, in a potentially significant development for the Championship season.

 

Wednesday's battle with the EFL over charges of breaching Profitability & Sustainability rules is being heard by an independent disciplinary commission this week, after the dispute was brought forward following complaints from a number of rival clubs.

 

The Championship club were initially expected to appear in front of the three-man panel in July but it is understood proceedings will now begin on Tuesday, with the complexity of the case ensuring it is likely to last for the rest of the week....

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If that’s right it looks like they want us charged before the season finishes. As in hit us with a points deduction. Feels like they’ve got us in their sights now.

Edited by York_Owl
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nero said:

Will there be artificial crowd noise in the courtroom?

No, but they’re flogging cardboard cut outs for 20 quid. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

No, but they’re flogging cardboard cut outs for 20 quid. 

 

 

tenor.gif.a8203d59715860d010efadd9b0d8f183.gif

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

93555F61-652A-4CEE-8C83-2756A9F41DB9.gif

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

If that’s right it looks like they want us charged before the season finishes. As in hit us with a points deduction. Feels like they’ve got us in their sights now.

Tend to agree with this. Got a feeling this isn't going to end well. Any sort of deduction leaves us in deep excrement.

 

A suspended points deduction would be a good outcome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


It's a tricky one


If they let us off with a smack on the wrist then ultimately nobody's got hurt at all and things could just go back to business as usual

But if they do let us off it will leave the door wide open for other clubs to try doing what we've been accused of and more mess later down the line


 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Theboylangers said:

Tend to agree with this. Got a feeling this isn't going to end well. Any sort of deduction leaves us in deep excrement.

 

A suspended points deduction would be a good outcome.

 

I'd take that now.

 

Unless of course we are innocent of all charges as Mr C seems to think we are.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:


It's a tricky one


If they let us off with a smack on the wrist then ultimately nobody's got hurt at all and things could just go back to business as usual

But if they do let us off it will leave the door wide open for other clubs to try doing what we've been accused of and more mess later down the line


 

 

They want to punish us.

 

I hope Mr C has a good legal team, a real one, not a DC Taxi type firm.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


I wonder what the format is going to be, how long it's going to take, how many days/weeks it will go on for?


The article suggests it will last for the rest of the week

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh fizz. Any points deduction of 9 points or more and we are down. What a crap situation we are in. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not forced to mean a bad outcome.

The EFL need it done and dusted because it will cause them massive issues if it is still outstanding when clubs are relegated. They just need it finished .

What about Derby, or are they in the clear now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...