Team for Saturday

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

At the moment I would go with something like the below but will hopefully completely change by the weekend and fitness / more new players will be available.  I know people will say Millwall will out power this team, but I don’t want to see certain players in a Wednesday shirt again. 

Dawson 

Urhoghide   Iorfa   Borner     Fox 

Murphy   Hunt   Bannan    Reach

Borukov   Da Cruz  

Think that midfield would struggle against Doncaster bells..... But I know what your saying

4 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Think that midfield would struggle against Doncaster bells..... But I know what your saying

Oh yes it would struggle big time, but as I say if Hutch, Lee, Luongo are out injured and we don’t sign any replacements then I would pick those players. I see some are questioning my sanity and are picking potentially injured players in their line up, but I would give Hunt a run out rather than someone on one leg 

Dawson

Iorfa         Borner     Hutchinson

Palmer                                                  Fox

Pelupessy

Bannan                    Luongo

Rhodes    Harris

The idea of Harris up front is he’s just ‘busy’, quick and ‘pesty’ and I’m hoping he could play off the last man and pounce on channel balls from Bannan. 

None of our other strikers compliment each other enough to be a pairing without Fletcher. None of them can play as a lone striker. 

Hutchinson is a leader and a much better CB than a CDM. He’s much more disciplined in that position too cos  he’s not chasing shadows in midfield and diving in. 

Pelupessy to sit and hold his position at CDM and do the ugly stuff. Allows the legs of Bannan and Luongo to push on.

Itll not happen. It’s just my way of getting the best out of what little we have.

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Dawson

Hughes Iorfa Borner Fox

New Lad Hutchinson Hunt Bannan

Forestieri Wickham 

*Hunt if Luongo not fit

** If Wickham doesn’t sign whoever does, if no one Borokov

*** Yes I know Hughes is more of a winger but I’m going for full on attack from the

right.

more like it av a go,nowt to lose,deffo need someat up front,Nuhui's done,our strikers are dog shyte without Fletch

28 minutes ago, brando said:

more like it av a go,nowt to lose,deffo need someat up front,Nuhui's done,our strikers are dog shyte without Fletch

Couldn’t agree more. Nuhiu off the bench I like but why start him? Give the young lad a go the bare minimum he will do is give it his all and battle for every ball. Better than any of Nuhiu Winnall or Rhodes can give!

1 hour ago, Owlinmad said:

Is it just me or do we seem to play better when BB isn't involved ?

It's amazing how many people still think he's one of our best players. He constantly gives possession away with his "Hollywood" balls. 

I think the poor balls are compounded by the fact that we are so slow to break, and by the time he's tried to spray one, the ball is back on the edge of our box.

He gets deeper and deeper as matches wear on and because we insist on sending everything through him we end up defending on top of Dawson. 

I don't think it's any coincidence we are losing so many games in the last few minutes. 

BB has ability and is capable of a decent pass at range, but at the moment it feels like he's playing a "look at me" game and every pass has to be a worldy.

It's also annoyed me that for so long, every single set piece had to be taken by him. It's the same predictable floater to the back stick every time, the defending team have so much time to read it.

For a long time his corners were exactly the same. 

I do think the corners were something Monk picked up on because at one point we started to see the odd corner took by Murphy etc. and then all of a sudden BB started to whip and ping a few deliveries. As soon as this happened we seemed to start scoring from corners. We scored 3 goals in a row from corners at one point, albeit one of em was the floated delivery. I just wish the free kicks would follow suit rather than just be an opportunity for the opposition to regain possession.

Personally I think we get the best out of BB with 3 in the middle and Luongo next to him. Unfortunately I don't think we are in a position to build a team around Barry Bannan. He's not good enough to dictate our formation and team selection.

(Puts tin hat on)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The current first team players arnt putting in a shift, so why not change things? 

Im all for changing players that arnt putting a shift in. But putting young players in for the sake is not the answer, especially if they are not good enough.

3 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Hardly, I’d rather spend money watching young players putting effort in that the senior pros who don’t give a throw. But each to their own I suppose 

Bit of a contradiction there, you had Bannan and Reach in your selection. lol

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Bit of a contradiction there, you had Bannan and Reach in your selection. lol

That’s because they tend to be involved whenever we score a goal.  They do need to be more consistent but I still rate them as players. Odubajo, Joey, Winnall, Rhodes and Nuhiu are players I don’t expect to offer much when named in the starting eleven.