Team for Saturday

Given the below are fit to come back, then:

Palmer Iorfa Lees Fox

Lee Luongo Bannan

Reach Nuhui Harris 

We’ve got to get back to playing to our strengths - into Harris and balls into box - Lee and Luongo providing support from midfield. 

He’s our most threatening player and we decided to not get the ball fast enough over to him last night, he hardly got a kick - when he did he played two quality crosses into box, looked very frustrated coming off.

Heres hoping we can get another striker in before the weekend too....didn’t think Nuhui was that bad last night, he just needs to hold and release to those around him and not try anything else. 

If Fox or Palmer aren’t fit - I fear for our cobbled back four, Odubajo was dreadful

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

Given the below are fit to come back, then:

Palmer Iorfa Lees Fox

Lee Luongo Bannan

Reach Nuhui Harris 

We’ve got to get back to playing to our strengths - into Harris and balls into box - Lee and Luongo providing support from midfield. 

He’s our most threatening player and we decided to not get the ball fast enough over to him last night, he hardly got a kick - when he did he played two quality crosses into box, looked very frustrated coming off.

Heres hoping we can get another striker in before the weekend too....didn’t think Nuhui was that bad last night, he just needs to hold and release to those around him and not try anything else. 

If Fox or Palmer aren’t fit - I fear for our cobbled back four, Odubajo was dreadful

Palmer - Injured
Fox - Probably Injured

Lee - Injured

Luongo - Injured

Lees - Liability at the moment

Reach - don't even know where to start

Harris - Done nothing since defenders sussed he always goes down the the line on his left, keep him on his right and well  might as well be a league1 player.

4 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Palmer - Injured
Fox - Probably Injured

Lee - Injured

Luongo - Injured

Lees - Liability at the moment

Reach - don't even know where to start

Harris - Done nothing since defenders sussed he always goes down the the line on his left, keep him on his right and well  might as well be a league1 player.

Absolute b0llox about Harris

Maybe if we had another outlet we wouldn’t be so predictable - he’s our only attacking threat and we over utilised him. Now we don’t utilise him at all.

Created the most goal scoring opportunities in the whole of the Championship - over 30. But yes, he’s League 1 player. 

• Like 1

At the moment I would go with something like the below but will hopefully completely change by the weekend and fitness / more new players will be available.  I know people will say Millwall will out power this team, but I don’t want to see certain players in a Wednesday shirt again. 

Dawson 

Urhoghide   Iorfa   Borner     Fox 

Murphy   Hunt   Bannan    Reach

Borukov   Da Cruz  

Edited by Owls-Fan

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

At the moment I would go with something like the below but will hopefully completely change by the weekend and fitness / more new players will be available.  I know people will say Millwall will out power this team, but I don’t want to see certain players in a Wednesday shirt again. 

Dawson 

Urghohide   Iorfa   Borner     Fox 

Borukov   Da Cruz  

That would end up worse than the Blackburn game.

Can’t face another game of seeing the same old players prancing around the pitch not giving a crap. If we don’t bring a couple of new signings in I think the majority of us will be very disappointed. Be tempted to start Hunt at the weekend, would love Luongo or Hutch to be fit as well. 

4 minutes ago, Andy30 said:

Westwood / cami

palmer iorfa hutch fox 

luongo bannan hunt

murphy winnal Harris 

how ur dropping Murphy for reach is beyond me . Guy offers nothing but pointing 

He's talented - the crosses for the Nuhui and Winnall goals recently were superb. Like the rest of them he's lacking in something though. 

If we dont sign anyone we should go with:

Dawson

Iorfa Lees Borner

Palmer                 Reach

Luongo Hunt

Murphy Borukov Preston

Need to try something different, tactics arent working and neither are the players, and I'm expecting Bannan to be dropped to show him be isnt the boss.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

15 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Dawson 

Borukov   Da Cruz  

From the sounds of it Monk agrees with you so we should see some players dropped on Saturday. As you say we will hopefully have some new players available for selection or injured players come back. Monk has probably sent a message to Chansiri that he wants more players in before the weekend, otherwise I’d also prefer to see youngsters picked over the waste of spacers 

Dawson

Palmer  Iorfa    Börner     Fox

Reach   Hutch   Luongo   Harris

Borukov   Winnall/Nuhiu

Urzoghide

Lees

Murphy

Bannan

Lee

Nuhiu/Winnall

Forestieri

Urzoghide and Lees on depending on Palmer/Fox not fit to start

Try Borukov up front, he can't score less than our current strikers, so why not give him a chance and maybe breathe new life into our (non-existing) attack.

Recent injuries permitting:

Dawson

Urhoghide  Iorfa  Borner  Fox

Hutchinson

Luongo                          Reach

Murphy                            Harris

Anyone (they're all equally poo)

Some only get a game because we've nobody else, Murphy, whoever plays up front for example.

I'm a huge Bannan fan and while I think he needs to be in a 3 so others can cover him positionally, we've shown in recent games we can play well without him. He doesn't seem as bothered when Fletcher isn't playing to make the Hollywood pass to and drags the team too deep. 

I think Reach plays too deep to play in the wide position. However, on the left of a central 3 should suit. He has the engine to compliment Luongo and find space for shooting, crossing positions.

Edited by striker

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Dawson 

Borukov   Da Cruz  

Wow!