Team for Saturday

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Yep. 

Murphy and Reach offered less than him

Would that be te Murphy that was on the end of Fox’s cross in exactly the position where the centre forward should have been?

And if the best you can say about him is that he did more than a sub who came on for the last 20 minutes then that just about sums him up

On 29/01/2020 at 08:33, TodwickOwl said:

Given the below are fit to come back, then:

Palmer Iorfa Lees Fox

Lee Luongo Bannan

Reach Nuhui Harris 

We’ve got to get back to playing to our strengths - into Harris and balls into box - Lee and Luongo providing support from midfield. 

He’s our most threatening player and we decided to not get the ball fast enough over to him last night, he hardly got a kick - when he did he played two quality crosses into box, looked very frustrated coming off.

Heres hoping we can get another striker in before the weekend too....didn’t think Nuhui was that bad last night, he just needs to hold and release to those around him and not try anything else. 

If Fox or Palmer aren’t fit - I fear for our cobbled back four, Odubajo was dreadful

This is the problem though, for all the balls in the box Bannan/Harris provide we have no quality in the box to convert....or more accurately Rhodes/Nuhiu/Winnall need easier chances to score goals, Fletcher this season has been super efficient with the very average service he received. 

Clearly after losing 4 of the last 5 (and being the worst team significantly in those 4) we have to make changes and we cannot continue this failed 442, poor striking options and poor through the middle of the pitch.

Dawson

Palmer Lees Irofa Fox

Murphy Luongo Hutchinson Reach Harris

Nuhiu

With big tactical emphasis on all ML & AR bombing forward to support Nuhiu, although we'll lack BB's quality hopefully will be less of an issue if we're trying to play short passes through the middle or from the channels, oppose to searching hollywood balls forward.

*prays Palmer & Fox are fit* 

Monk talked about the team having fight today. I think he will play a 4231 with Pelupessy and Hutchinson as the sitting 2. Just have the feeling we will see something different today. So I’m going for...

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Iorfa

Fox

Hutchinson

Pelupessy

Murphy

Bannan

Reach

Winnall

On 29/01/2020 at 13:33, Inspector Lestrade said:

Lord Snooty

SiJ            S36 OWL      Mr Farrell    gurujuan

asteener1867    theowlsman   HOOTIE AND THE poo TU

TheEnchanter     southportdc Bluesteel

Well we have tried everything else. 

Bloody hell

I'm playing in the hole behind a floating Shittu? ??

Nowt changed 

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Rhodes and Winnal should be dumped out of the squad forever. 

Put Nhuiu up top on his own, maybe bring on Forestieri of Dr Cruz as sub. 

Nuhui is never good enough,over a season Winnall would score more,hope Wickham and Windass come good so we actually look like having capable strikers,

I'm at mini owls on Saturday mornings so usually see players arrive for the pre-match meeting/meal at the training ground. Something has changed this week with the routine. Looked like they are coming to the ground on a coach. BTW some players left early and won't be in the squad. I won't put out their names yet.

9 minutes ago, mark77 said:

I'm at mini owls on Saturday mornings so usually see players arrive for the pre-match meeting/meal at the training ground. Something has changed this week with the routine. Looked like they are coming to the ground on a coach. BTW some players left early and won't be in the squad. I won't put out their names yet.

Why not?

If you put them up after the team is announced folk might be sceptical 

Assuming, Luongo, Lee, Palmer, Forestieri, Fletcher, Hutchinson and Fox (have I missed anyone?!) are all injured...

I'd go with...

-------------------Dawson-------------------

Urghoghide---Iorfa----Borner-----Odubajo

Murphy-----Pelupessy--Bannan----Reach

---------------Nuhiu----Rhodes-------------

I don't think we have much other option really. I'd be really averse to breaking up Iorfa/Borner partnership, by moving Iorfa to right back. And so, if Fox is missing, it leaves only Odubajo and Urhoghide as our only full backs.

I'd love us to switch back to three in midfield, but we just haven't got the personnel, unless Monk moves Reach inside (which I don't like personally) or puts his trust in young Hunt. 

Winnall, out of any player, deserves dropping after the Wigan shambles, and so, if you're playing two up front, assuming Da Cruz will be be used off the bench today, it leaves Rhodes/Nuhiu by default. 

God, it's depressing.

17 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Have they come on theRotherham Owls coach? The players always used to travel to the games with the fans back in the day.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin