£1 million bid for Josh Windass submitted to SWFC

Windass match fit for the season will score 20+ goals.

if we sell him for £1-2m will we get a replacement who will score 20 goals next season.

that for me is the simple question.

the other issue is has his head been turned, once Fessi wanted to leave he was never the same player.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

I'd snap there hand off for one million. Paid half of that for him, was injured all of last season, and on big wages. We don't need Josh Windass. Buy someone younger and develop them.

Sod that we need a striker who can get us promoted next season not buggering about gambling on players

Guest Jack the Hat
7 hours ago, prowl said:

First rule of business...never accept the first offer. Everyone puts a low offer in first to test the water, everyone always asks more for an item than their minimum selling price.

If they offer £1m and we say we want £2m then we start negotiating. We will meet somewhere between those figures or their maximum will be lower than our minimum asking price and we both decide a deal isn't possible.

Psycholocically if you are buying a £200k house and you offer £190k and it gets accepted you will wonder if you could have got it for £180k, it leaves that little niggle in your mind that you might have over paid.

I accept we might sell but there's more money to be had.

Fair enough but they have already  offered way to much. I would ask them for £100001

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

if we sell him for £1-2m will we get a replacement who will score 20 goals next season.

the other issue is has his head been turned, once Fessi wanted to leave he was never the same player.

I think you are pretty much spot on there, but I'd add the question if whether he'll be match fit and the rider that he scores 20 in the right system. I'm not sure him and Gregory in a 3-5-2 is the right system. 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

He hasn't scored 20 goals in a season throughout his career, the most he's got is 16 for Accrington in League 2, what makes you think he will score 20+ for us next season if we keep him?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mogbad said:

He hasn't scored 20 goals in a season throughout his career, the most he's got is 16 for Accrington in League 2, what makes you think he will score 20+ for us next season if we keep him?

He barely played and scored 4 goals. I think it’s a fair assumption he would have got many more had he played a decent amount of games. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

The league is irrelevant. Will Grigg went for £3m in this league, Jack Marriott £3m, Paddy McNair (whose a CB) over £5m. 

Not saying we’d get £5m but we could defo squeeze more out than £1m. Windass is 28 so should be at his peak and apart from last season had a good injury record.

Has proven himself in the championship and held his own at Rangers 

Check the prices League 1 players are sold for. Your referring to 18/19 pre CoVid. Windass is 28, with a year left on his contract and has a dodgy hammy. 

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

Lack of brain cells

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, 83owl said:

As he has performed well for us recently. 

Windass hasn’t. 

He might have been injured but I’m sure I’d read some stats that his goals and assists to time on the pitch was sky high for us. It all depends on the deal itself and whether he wants to go/his fitness. But a fit Windass makes a huge difference in this league and has done ok in the league above too.