£1 million bid for Josh Windass submitted to SWFC

5 hours ago, Luke said:

He was a complete flop at rangers 

That's why he signed for WIGAN 

And has  never scored double figures in the championship 

His second season at Rangers before he moved to Wigan he scored 15-20 goals if I remember right. Not exactly their best ever but nor was he a “complete flop”. Not sure he’s played as an out and out striker 

Just now, Bluesteel. said:

His second season at Rangers before he moved to Wigan he scored 15-20 goals if I remember right. Not exactly their best ever but nor was he a “complete flop”. Not sure he’s played as an out and out striker 

13 in 55 games

• Like 1

I wanted to keep him last year as I thought he would be the player to get us promoted. 

after the injuries he has had this season we should bite there hands off as it will be the last chance we get to sell him. 

• Like 3

Just now, owlprince said:

I wanted to keep him last year as I thought he would be the player to get us promoted. 

after the injuries he has had this season we should bite there hands off as it will be the last chance we get to sell him. 

Hes been dogged by hamstring issues throughout his career, hence the low transfer fees

20 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Hes been dogged by hamstring issues throughout his career, hence the low transfer fees

He's managed a decent number of appearances until this season:

20/21: 44

19/20: 25

18/19: 45

17/18: 41

16/17: 27

15/16: 35

14/15: 39

The injury he's had this season has clearly been by far the worst of his career.

• Thanks 1

Didn’t we pay £500k for Windass?

We’ve had him for a couple of pretty unremarkable seasons and have the opportunity to obtain double his original value before he runs his contract towards free agent territory.

Accept the offer this is how you become a sustainable club in the lower leagues

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Tea Baggins said:

Sell, sell, sell.

29 next, resale value plummeting, injury prone.

we could get 3 solid players for that combined cost.

We can’t make the same mistakes as before, we have to learn to sell at the right time.

350k each then!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The injury he's had this season has clearly been by far the worst of his career.

Its almost always hamstring when hes missing, and like with Hutchinson, his game time has to be managed, he may make 40 appearances, but hes coming off or on to a managed framework to minimise risk

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

Didn’t we pay £500k for Windass?

We’ve had him for a couple of pretty unremarkable seasons and have the opportunity to obtain double his original value before he runs his contract towards free agent territory.

Accept the offer this is how you become a sustainable club in the lower leagues

Thought it was 250K

34 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

So for the 18/19 season, 39 league games, hes averaged 68 minutes on the pitch, and thats why Millwall offered a structured 1M  transfer fee, because you have to manage his risk and his transfer fees are so low

3 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

He might have been injured but I’m sure I’d read some stats that his goals and assists to time on the pitch was sky high for us. It all depends on the deal itself and whether he wants to go/his fitness. But a fit Windass makes a huge difference in this league and has done ok in the league above too.

13 goals in 50 games for us. Ok but not amazing. 

We have a chance to double our money on a player who has barely played for a year and having signed whilst in the championship is presumably a higher earner at the club, not to mention he’s running into the last year of his contract. 

Selling him is a no brainer, depending on the deal obviously. Sell him now or probably lose him in a years time anyway having spent another 6 months on the sidelines.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

So for the 18/19 season, 39 league games, hes averaged 68 minutes on the pitch, and thats why Millwall offered a structured 1M  transfer fee, because you have to manage his risk and his transfer fees are so low

Only six of his teammates played more minutes than him that season.

Similarly in 20/21, only five of our players played more minutes than him.

None of which would suggest there's anything exceptional in the way he's been managed.

4 hours ago, 83owl said:

13 goals in 50 games for us. Ok but not amazing. 

We have a chance to double our money on a player who has barely played for a year and having signed whilst in the championship is presumably a higher earner at the club, not to mention he’s running into the last year of his contract. 

Selling him is a no brainer, depending on the deal obviously. Sell him now or probably lose him in a years time anyway having spent another 6 months on the sidelines.

I don’t disagree that selling is an option but as you say the club will have to weigh up what they can get and whether he’s fit. In isolation you’d want money for a player leaving for free but if he was fit for even 2/3 of the season and the difference between promotion then I’m not sure how much it’s worth now but its a lot more. We are in a good position on this one…unless he’s injured again of course. 

I can see why we will want to push the price up as his career has suggested he is better than league one 

1 million is still good money I think because of the money at the top of the game we forget it’s still a lot of cash. If we took on two frees on 10k a week they would be paid for with change for the next year. I know it’s more complicated than that but you have to remember pretty much all clubs in FL are living outside there means