£1 million bid for Josh Windass submitted to SWFC

Just now, PTLiam said:

It's what i'd like, not what I think we'd get.

You never go in with your best offer first & if the £1m is true, we might stretch another 3 or 4 hundred grand out of them. i'd hope anyway. 

I think anything above £1m is excellent business. He’s never set the Championship alight for either Wednesday or Wigan so I don’t think he’s someone I’m willing to lose sleep over.

Good player that doesn’t fit into our system, started 3 league games, is coming back from serious injuries & most important only has 12 months on his deal left. I would snap their hand off. 

• Like 8

If we could push for a bit more I think that would be decent business. 1.5 would be a very good fee imo. To be honest 1 million isn’t bad for a player that spent last season injured and is out of contract next season. We could sign 1 or 2 good league one players for that. 

Just now, 0114 said:

I think anything above £1m is excellent business. He’s never set the Championship alight for either Wednesday or Wigan so I don’t think he’s someone I’m willing to lose sleep over.

Good player that doesn’t fit into our system, started 3 league games, is coming back from serious injuries & most important only has 12 months on his deal left. I would snap their hand off. 

Totally get what your saying pal. i'd just try it on a little before we agreed on a fee. 

£1m is a good starting point. Personally think that, on balance, its in the low side but not by as much as some people might think.

He's a good player but one who has virtually missed all of last season which must impact on his saleability. I would think that upwards of £1.25 maybe as much if £1.5m would represent fair value either side. If it were reinvested towards a unit up front and similar at the back it would represent sound business 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, prowl said:

First rule of business...never accept the first offer. Everyone puts a low offer in first to test the water, everyone always asks more for an item than their minimum selling price.

If they offer £1m and we say we want £2m then we start negotiating. We will meet somewhere between those figures or their maximum will be lower than our minimum asking price and we both decide a deal isn't possible.

Psycholocically if you are buying a £200k house and you offer £190k and it gets accepted you will wonder if you could have got it for £180k, it leaves that little niggle in your mind that you might have over paid.

I accept we might sell but there's more money to be had.

Is that you do it?  WOW he's us thinking they offer £1m we accept £0.5m, wish I had your insights.

Amazing they offer a price and we ask for more, what a concept.

25 minutes ago, vulva said:

Whatever you think about the player and the deal it’s a very strange way to do business. Tin pot. This £1m might be payable in 45 installments and linked to Windass winning Eurovision for all we know. Something just doesn’t seem right.  

I've got visions of another Lee Chapman style rip off.

Anybody thinking we will get much more than £1m hasn't checked how much L1 strikers go for, especially one who is nearly 30 and hardly played in the last year.

If we can push the price up a bit, great. If not, sell. Don't make the same mistakes as before.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Never accept the first offer. We should ask for £2m and we prepared to meet halfway. 

I think £1.5m would be a good result for us for a player who is injury prone, with not long to go on his contract and who doesn’t particularly want to stay at the club.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vulva said:

This ‘don’t accept the first offer’, first rule of business nonsense. Balderdash. If it’s a good offer, take it. And ask for all the money up front. 

Still a potential sticking point. Wanting a but more or wanting it all up front.... either could potentially scupper a deal.

23 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is that you do it?  WOW he's us thinking they offer £1m we accept £0.5m, wish I had your insights.

Amazing they offer a price and we ask for more, what a concept.

You do realise there are a lot of posters quite happy to take £1m which is the first offer as far as we know..

AS a club we always seem to have under sold our players and over paid when buying. Nothing to do with DC, it goes back long before that.