£1 million bid for Josh Windass submitted to SWFC

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

You do realise there are a lot of posters quite happy to take £1m which is the first offer as far as we know..

AS a club we always seem to have under sold our players and over paid when buying. Nothing to do with DC, it goes back long before that.

You're amazing, can I have your autograph?  We can ask for more?  

2 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

Anything over 1.5m and i think we have to take it. 

1m just seems a bit meh for a decent little player. Channers doesn't need the money really. 

I think the more important thing is to utilize the wages better. Last season was a total waste.

52 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

It's what i'd like, not what I think we'd get.

You never go in with your best offer first & if the £1m is true, we might stretch another 3 or 4 hundred grand out of them. i'd hope anyway. 

I’d like £10m for him and a night with Salam Hayek but that’s not happening either.

• Love 1

Just now, beswetherick said:

4 starts last season

League 1 player. 

Club £m’s in debt. 

Loads of more reliable players available on free transfers. 

Contract up soon. 

- Start the car. 

• Like 9

If we can squeeze about £1.5M out of them we'll have done really well. I honestly think he's overrated by a lot of our fans and his injuries were inconvenient for us. Nothing against Josh though, he works hard and has been a good player for us but I'd be happy for us to take some cash providing we reinvest it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tea Baggins said:

Sell, sell, sell.

29 next, resale value plummeting, injury prone.

we could get 3 solid players for that combined cost.

We can’t make the same mistakes as before, we have to learn to sell at the right time.

Terrible assessment 

so at 28 you think his value is plummeting? He’s got potential 5/6 peak years in him yet 

injury prone? You mean he was injured last season but he’s generally been fit he’s all career 

you say 3 solid players for that, even on frees or loans there’s every chance that get swallowed up on agent fees or signing on fees 

The only thing I agree with in that is that we can’t make the same mistakes as before however I fail to see how selling one of our best attacking players for much less than he’s worth is a good thing 

that offer needs to be doubled before negotiations start in my opinion 

• Haha 2